The Plan to Save Days 2013

• Members

Not really hard. His death was offscreen. Jennifer never saw the body. There was no last goodbye between him and Jen while he is dying in the hospital bed. They can easily say the bad people who he was investigating in Africa came back seeking revenge and the government used the elevator fall as a convenient way to snitch him away into a witness protection program. He reluctantly agreed because they were targetting his family as well and seeing Jen moving on was the only way to convict them he is truly dead. Or something similar. Things like that happens even in RL.

I agree this debate is probably moot because the show will be either canceled in March or renewed with such drastic conditions not even Ken Corday will be able to save Missy from firing and that will be it for Jack and Jennifer.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I REALLY hate saying this (because I find Jack to have all sorts of potential that was never explored) but I agree.

I'd be satisfied if they brought JJ on and have him channel his father but also cause huge problems for Jennifer and Dr. Orange Glow.

• Members

Jen needs to go. Dr McHairychest needs to go. Abby needs to go.

Time to just accept that this last return for Jen and Jack was, like Carrie and Austin's return, a [!@#$%^&*] disaster. And by "[!@#$%^&*] disaster" I mean "Dr. Daniel Jonas." Time to cut em all loose and move on. The Hortons do not need Jennifer necessarily in order to be rebuilt and filled out.

• Members

I think the explanation could be quick and easy, but then, it's not going to happen anyway, so there's no point in my rehashing.

I would rather the son stay offcamera because he would be saying Daniel is his true father in about two months.

• Members
Although I enjoy the show, I find it a little too predictable and well... boring. I'd like the writers to write more daring storylines, nothing too unrealistic or over-the-top. They should do some research and tackle issues such as anorexia, gender identity disorder, mental illness, teen crime, paedophilia etc. - Sure, these issues are considered as dark and depressing but these are issues that are frequent in today's culture and with the right balance of heart and melodrama from the writers as well as good acting from the actors, I genuinely think they could work and become gripping storylines.
I agree with others, the characters need to interact more. Salem is a small town and therefore needs to have a community feel. I know the budget is low but fund some money and introduce better sets as well as do some location shooting (It's 2013 and I'm sick and tired of the outside settings that are obviously studio sets).

• Members

I always thought that they should've killed him when Carly was on the show, and Melanie was revealed as their daughter. Lawrence should've been revived, killed Daniel, and stayed on the show wreaking havoc (with Vivian).

He could've tortured Carly. Formed a new obsession with Bo's other great love, Hope. And bothering Jack and Jennifer.

Nicholas (with Chad Brannon in the role) could've come to town, conflicted over his parents. He could've bought the Spectator from Jack & Jen, unbeknownst to them, hire Abby as a junior journalist, and fell in love with her gradually, causing chaos for JnJ as their daughter is in love with the son of Jennifer's rapist and best friend (Carly).

Bam! They we go, DAYS!

• Members

IA with Jen and Daniel, but not Abby. I think she has potential and isnt tainted like her parents. Id have her interact more with Hope, who becomes a surrogate mother to her in Jen's absence. I like the potential of her and Chad now and throwing in new sexy Cameron to fight for her, has the making of a semi-decent triangle. Finally, I think id make her frenemies of sorts with Nicole. Have Nicole be a reporter again with Abby being an intern at the same station. There's clear tension and resentment there bc of the whole Daniel/Jen situation, but Abby has to play nice to get ahead even though she doesnt like her. It would be interesting to see Nicole take her under her wing, given the history here

• Members

They could literally blow Jack (or anyone else) to bits -- right there, before our very eyes -- and still turn around one year later and say it wasn't really him. ("But we saw his innards, for Christ's sake, all over Jennifer's face!") And that, ladies and gentlemen, is one huge reason why DAYS in particular -- and all soaps in general! -- are no longer taken seriously by the general public.

• Members

Abby, the character, is useful. Unfortunately, the actress is blah. Gabi is blah. Everyone under 25 except for Sonny & Will are blah (Sonny & Will's story is blah, but the actors arent.) In my humble opinion, ALL the under 25 crowds have been blah ever since the Last Blast crowd grew up and left. Chelsea, Nick, Stephanie, Melanie... blah. Max was played by a good, dynamic actor, but was always in bad, uninteresting, or incestuous stories.

Archived