HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right to talk about essence. You and I both agree that we disagree on what is essential to JR's character now.

You apparently do not think his being Dixie's son matters much anymore because he would just hate her because she was gone for so long.

I disagree and think Dixie being his mother gives an element of conscience and goodness to the character that is essential to making JR who he is -- someone who struggles between the light and the dark.

• Members

No, basically what im saying is that i wont believe something that is so completely different and far off from where he was for many, many years just because dixie is suddenly around for the first time and her love is somehow magical. You say, why not, its been 5 years. I presented a further point of happiness and out of the darkness than you, and you dont seem to be willing to buy into that, and im curious as to why not, when its been 5 years.

I dont think JR has to always be as dark as he was, but I do think that it was so much who he was for so long that to eliminate that and say he dealt with it in a 5 year time jump cheats the audience and is weak writing. Thats all. I am all for him not being that dark, but i want to see the journey. Not be told it happened. And i dont think that soarsed characters and nobodies leaving five years is equal to it.

• Members

Damn, Ill be out from 11 a.m. to about 8 p.m. today and won't be near a computer! I'll have to respond to the news later tonight.

Yeah, that was a bad period for OLTL. Not as bad as the late 1980s with Menodarrah, Eterna and the Wild West, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Horgan was also on the writing team at that time, so I could see the new OLTL being campy, especially with Racina the infamous creator of GH's Ice Princess story co-writing with her.

ICAM! I'm really excited to see AMC refocused on the main families, not the Laverys or Slaters, with stories for characters of all age groups.

• Members

Agreed. Five years gives you a well to go back to without having to retcon things we've seen.

I adored those babies! Whenever they were in a scene I watched them and only them. One of them had mad love for Thorsten Kaye. It was hysterical watching him try to get through a scene while one "Miranda" treated him like her pet puppy: grabbing his nose and pulling at his hair.

• Members

That's what my grandmothers 92 year old friend calls it.

We were playing pictionary at new years and when ever someone drew something circular she would yell out "Its my Boob!". When ever someone drew something long she yelled "Its a Woo-Hoo".

Some other old lady got the card were you can draw what ever and she drew a horizontal line with a triangle in the middle and I yelled "Its a Flag" and the 92 said "No, Its a Thong". For a second I thought she was joking but she got it right.

Archived