Super Bowl 40

Toups

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Woohooo!! Congrats to The Bus and the Steelers.

Funniest commercial was the "magic fridge" one. Most of the beer commercials were really funny. I also liked the FedEx and the MacGyver/Mastercard commercials

• Members

*Loved* the Lost commerical with Robert Plant's "Addicted to Love (Lost)". I also thought all the sports figures commenting on DH was funny. However, I was a tad irked with the GA promo. Granted, I wasn't an English major, but isn't the correct grammer "If this *were* your last day" instead of "If this *was* your last day"?

• Members

Exactly how I feel! I dont think Ben R. scored on that controversial play, although I think the Steelers would have gone for 4th and an inch and made it on the next play anyway. And thats just one of the plays where I felt Seattle was shafted. And this is coming from someone who didnt really care either way who won.

I thought the National Anthem was ruined or butchered the way it was sung. I think Aretha is a great singer and all but I just didnt like this version at all. The halftime show was also bad, one of the worst I have seen at least. What in the hell was McJagger doing, on one dance he looked so flamboyant I nearly sprayed my drink on everyone. And Keith Richards looks lost and just about dead, I am just surprised TRS got the halftime gig!

Overall, I enjoyed the game and all the new commercials.

• Members

Although I hate american football with a passion, I did tune in for half time when the rolling stones performed. Good ole Mick....hehehe!

Edina: I thought you were a stones girl.

Patsy: oh ya, I was stones girl.

Edina: who was your favorite stone, Pats?

Patsy: you didn't have one sweetie, you had them all.

• Members

I didn't watch the game woo-hoo!

I asked my grandfather, who did watch it, what he thought of the halftime show. He shook his head sadly and said "I don't like these halftime shows. And the National Anthem was horrible. Why can't they just sing it right?"

Go Pop...you tell them! :lol:

• Members

I agree that Ben's ball JUST crossed the plain when he was in the air. And regardless of how many bad calls some may think there were in the game, great teams should be able to overcome bad officiating. Look at the call Pittsburgh had go against them in Indy. They overcame, yeah maybe with some help from the missed field goal, but the defense still did it's job to hold them back. So to me, great teams overcome things like that anyway. And you figure we wouldve got in or at least a field goal on 4th down anyway. Doesn't really matter, STEELERS WON!!! haha. :P And yeah, they really screwed up the national anthem. Possibly the worst rendition I've ever heard, even worse than some high schools. :lol:

• Members

It's good to see a Pa team finally win SOMETHING. Yay State Pride. LOL.

Commercials were good. Loved the Fed Ex one and the Bud Light ones. Hated the Diet Pepsi ones. I think Super Bowl commercials are losing something, though. It's like if you miss them, who cares? The good ones will be online anyway.

Archived