Favorite Christmas Movies/TV Specials!

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

It's that time of year again, folks! What are your favorite Christmas movies and/or TV specials to watch every year?

For me, they are:

A Christmas Story

A Holiday Affair

A Charlie Brown Christmas

A Garfield Christmas Special

It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown

It's a Wonderful Life

More to come! :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Little Drummer Boy

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Frosty the Snowman

Home Alone (wonderful childhood memory seeing this in the theatre with family)

Love Actually (wonderful college memory seeing this in the theatre with friends)

Bad Santa

Lady and the Tramp

Christmas Vacation

Christmas episodes of sitcoms (Good Times, What's Happening!!, The Golden Girls...)

A Christmas Story, of course!

I'll admit, I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life.

• Members

I've never been crazy about the traditional Christmas specials, and the only Christmas movies I really like that are coming to me right now are the first two Home Alone movies.

Christmas EPISODES of sitcoms, though? I can go all day. Three's Company, The Brady Bunch, Laverne and Shirley, Beverly Hillbillies, Mary Tyler Moore, Happy Days, Good Times, That Girl, Bewitched, Facts of Life, Bob Newhart, Dick Van Dyke, Sanford and Son...

• Members

1. Ms. Scrooge (Cicely Tyson as Scrooge, enough said)

2. It Nearly Wasn't Christmas (Issac from the Love Boat with a fake parrot is a riot)

3. The Kid Who Loved Christmas (Sad, but a really good film. The cast is all-star)

4. Lily In Winter (Very dramatic, but it's good)

5. A Diva's Christmas Carol (It's hilarious)

6. The Santa Clause (Timeless classic)

7. Jack Frost (It's sad, but a really great film)

8. Ebbie (I'm surprised no one else mentioned this one since Susan Lucci is in it)

9. One Magic Christmas (A good Christmas drama, kind of mixes A Christmas Carol and it's A Wonderful Life)

10. A Christmas Carol, 2000 (Ross Kemp from EastEnders plays Scrooge. It's a gritty version of the story, but it's an interesting twist)

• Members

Ebbie definitely crossed my mind, but regardless of my Lucci love, it's a little too dark/depressing for me to call it a favorite. Kelly from Fifteen which I used to watch on Nickelodeon is in it too.

I have been meaning to look at Ms. Scrooge with Cicely Tyson since it came out (which if memory serves, was the same year as Ebbie... apparently, "female Scrooge" was a popular premise that year). Like I said, I never saw it, but when I read about it in TV Guide i loved the fact that her name was Ebaneatha. :lol:

• Members

My favorite Christmas show is the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas. My oldest son and I usually have a contest to see who can quote the most of it verbatim. Dr Suess was always the #1 author in my house when my kids were little. The Lorax, Green Eggs and Ham, The Sneeches....they loved them all. But Boris Karloff is the BOMB in the Grinch!

I like A Wonderful Life, but I have to be in the mood to watch it.

I've never seen all of a Chtistmas Story. I've tried, but can't get through the whole thing. I fall asleep everytime.

Most of my fav Christmas movies are the silly ones Lifetime makes. But my VERY favorite is one from a few years back called Borrowed Hearts. It has Eric MacCormack and Roma Downey in it and it's adorable.

Archived