• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think her early GH writing was a disaster - to have weeks of her baby loss wailing when viewers were expecting to mourn over Robin, a longtime heroine, is one of the worst writing decisions I can remember.

Now she mostly just seems to be there.

• Members

Exactly. If this is true, it's utterly laughable because they treated Hope like such an albatross on OLTL, and on GH by killing her off to "free Starr up". OLTL fans, remember how often we remarked on the fact that Hope was never with Starr, always with grandma Addie, while Starr ran around sniffing after James?

• Members

You're right: no one, including yours truly, should criticize any actor for something that is out of their control.

However, perfecting their craft is in their control, and I think it's clear KA is a long, long way from that.

• Members

I think it's both Kristen and the writing.

She's clearly very comfortable playing the pretty princess singing her songs, and FV indulges her because the young fanbase for her is pretty uncritical. But when they have, very rarely in the last five or six years, given her edgier material - like when Ron took over OLTL and began an abortive story where Langston and Cole were to fall in love behind Starr's back, and seemed on the verge of frontburnering Brittany Underwood as the new teen heroine - she shined again. She came off like a real bitch and sank her teeth into it. Come the writer's strike, all of that storyline disappeared. Back to Princess Starr.

I think if they pushed her and made a conscious decision to really change the character, she could and would play it. I believe she should stay in the role, and I like the pairing with Chad Duell. But as it is, I think what they give her is often either mediocre or terrible. And she suffers for it. Whereas her brother, by the end of OLTL, could make anything work as Matthew.

Archived