Who else thinks Susan Flannery is going to "come out" now.

• Members

Actually i was a little suprised about him. then of course looking back i saw signs but while he was on, i never suspected. I know he was a tapdancer but all actors usually are taught in school to sing and dance.

Well besides her "new" look, i don't beleive she's ever been married. I've seen old articles on her and she called "happily single" even way back in the early 1970's when she was on Days. She's adopted a daughter. One of the articles said she fixes her own car. and even on the show, she's not very sexual anymore with John Mccock. Seperatly they mean nothing but put it all together and .......draw your own conclusions.

For the record, i like her and her character. Actually many times in the past (when she had the short blonde hair) her character has reminded me of the way Erika Slezak played Viki. Even sometimes the way she dressed, did her hair and manniserims. Because she didn't watch either regularly, my mother even got them confused once when she turned on B&B and saw Stephanie talking to someone.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I am a young gay male. My favorite actress ever is Jodie Foster and I get so worked up while I am watching LOGO and see that they are proclaiming Jodie Foster to be "Out," be she isn't. As for Susan, I have never watched her show. I don't think she will come out. I want the young guys whom my Gaydar doesn't come out ... to actually come out.

• Members

I don't think so.

Besides, why is it important for people to state their sexual preferences? It's not like straight people have to "come out" to say they are straight. Gay and bisexuals shouldn't have to either. It ought to be so acceptable and normal these days that no one should have to make any statement about it.

But of course there are still many issues surrounding it, so it is a good thing when people, esp celebrities, are open about it as they are paving the way for a more accepting society. The people who came out before the 90s are the real heroes who paved this way. There is a brilliant miniseries in Sweden called "Never dry your tears without gloves" (Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar) by Jonas Gardell that is about coming out in the 80s. How difficult it was then and how they really paved the way for how things are today.

There are so many gay and bisexual people in Hollywood that it shouldn't surprise anyone if they would just all come out. ;)

• Members

So many of these names are being thrown out, but is there any official list of who is/was gay in daytime and who isn't? We all know the usual suspects ( Geary, LeBlanc,Flannery, Watkins, half of the males on Dark Shadows), but some names get mentioned without much verification...Greg Rikaart, Gregg Marx, David O'Brien, George Reinholt, Mark Collier, etc. How much of this is wishful thinking?

• Members

[

I would say daytime's version of Neil Patrick Harris (if Greg or anyone who is still young and sucessful on the soaps came out). Neil's probably the most sucessful gay man of our times. He's always hosting the Tony's and other award shows, he does a lot of other things and he's been on that "How i met your mother" as a straight "playboy" for many seasons now. and then he'll go on Oprah or whatever with his partner David and show his condo and twins he adopted. He came out at the height of his popularity and it didn't hurt him.

Unlike poor Ellen. When she came out in 1997, her television show was canceled and nobody would hire her for a long time. it took a long time for her to "come back" from that. Even when she first got her talk show on, nobody knew how long it would last because of the negitive Press Ellen got in the past. and look at her now. her show's in it's 10th season, she's gotten tons of awards and is a covergirl. She also got Oprah to put her on the cover of her magazine a couple of Christmases ago.

• Members

I felt like that was the biggest ego trip. I didn't think it was "cute" at all. Not to play computer chair psychologist, but Ellen strikes me as someone who is hyper concerned with being accepted by the masses, like every successful project, every Emmy win is a real, "The LIKE me, they REALLY REALLY LIKE me!" I can understand that as she was really shat on by the industry for a moment there. But sometimes I catch her on TV and there's this almost manic look in her eyes, like, "I must WIN! I must rule the world!"

• Members

LOL. I gotta tell you, if MS were a lesbian, her acting cred would go up even higher. Unlike JJ, who admits she was uncomfortable with male acting partners (in retrospect it shows), then MS would MORE WOMAN than most STRAIGHT actresses when it comes to sensuality and sexuality on screen!

• Members

I don;t think SF will come out officially for the simple reason that it is obvious, why bother issuing a press release or the like announcing it to the world? The people she cares about know it and that's enough.

And I know this sounds weird, but I like that there is still a bit of mystery and "ambiguity" with certain actors. I don't need an official list to tell me once and for all who is gay and who isn't (lol), and a little harmless speculation on this message board isn't going to hurt anybody.

Archived