GH:RS out!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew he was done when Duke returned and they announced Tracy would be involved. I think he was intended long term, but he's no longer needed with Duke around. I did enjoy Joe Jr, but typical of Carlivati, he went too far and ruined the character. I would've preferred they make it so he DIDN'T rape Kate and could be a somewhat bad guy, but harmless. I hated the kidnapping stuff and how he was so clear cut the villain and Sonny is the hero again.

• Members

From what I saw, the writing wasn't clear on if he really did murder or rape women. With Kate/Connie they seemed to back and forth on if he raped her or not and with John's sister, I never saw that we got confirmation he did that. It all seemed ambiguous to me. With DID, the alters generally come from childhood abuse, so thats why I wouldn't believe Connie or Kate's word on it. Of course now I realize it was bad writing and the rape apparently IS the reason Connie was created.

And I think he was ruined by continuing down a dark path when they could easily have moved him into a different direction as an adult. He had a nice, easy chemistry with Tracy and that will be missed. I think the actor mostly shined in scenes with Trey and Tracy and when he had light stuff to do. I wouldn't have minded him as a bumbling criminal, but not kidnapping Kristina and trying to murder her. That doesn't work.

• Members

The Comedy Connie story has been made up as it goes along. Her rape scenes have been done for a cheap thrill, inviting viewers to laugh at her raping herself and laugh at Johnny raping her. If Joe had stayed then they would have likely said he hadn't actually raped Connie, but since he didn't stay, they'll just ignore it and go back to Connie throwing herself at men until she goes back to good girl mode until Carlivati gets bored again. I think they just brought Joe in as a quick way to introduce middle-aged Trey, and for some stopgap enemy for Sonny. Burton leaving probably did scuttle plans, but most of the Joe story has felt like marking time.

Archived