Y&R: Two new characters

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think JFP is itching to break up Lane and get rid of DG but fears the backlash that Griffith alluded to. I wouldn't be surprised if the role is eventually recasted with a FOJ.

I must have missed the confirmation with Graziadei and Miller.

• Members

I prematurely posted in another thread, so I apologize, if my post still appears in Y&R Oct. discussions. Anyhoo:

I can guess that some posters on SOC will be posting thinly veiled complaints about how there are now too many Black characters on Y&R (LMAO). I also find it amusing that some are kvetching about guys who are models coming on the show (uh, hello, the 80s and 90s were known for bringing lots of former models on soaps. Some couldn't act but some turned out to be quite popular *coughs Shemar Moore*)

It remains to be seen whether CK can avoid being paired with a Black male character (if the rumors are indeed true).whistling.jpgph34r.png

I was expecting one new AA character so I was suprised to see two. I hope they don't cancel each other out. I just hope that they will write for everyone at this point. Y&R has developed a very bad habit of letting certain characters sit on the shelf collecting dust.

• Members

Token black characters means 4 black men on canvas at the same time? And how do they barely write for Devon and neil when they just started writing the show? But of course they don't write characters as well as your beloved Ron. You know he's so great at diversity that's why we barely see Shawn and TJ and when they are no openly hispanic characters on air. And his writing for women is wonderful, didn't you love how he threw a female under the bus for a story beat because a male character was leaving? I bet you don't even watch Y&R for all your complaining.

Archived