B&B: Brad Bell on the future of the show

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"The show is going to have a vibe like One Tree Hill or a primetime show, in that we're going to use current music and images to tell much more story than overdosing on words."

huh.png This is a half-hour soap opera, not a music video. How can one "overdose on words" in that short span? I thought the Cabo stuff was beautiful, but even I as a sometimes viewer found it annoying watching people run around with no dialogue under mariachi music for damn near twenty minutes.

• Members

Yeah. This month.

Next month, it'll be back to its usual self.

I remember one time he said B&B was going to become really out there & outlandish, even a step further than DAYS, he said. And I think what developed from that promise was the brief, dumb storyline where Dr. Pierce hypnotized Taylor into thinking she was a 60's hippie housewife.

• Members

Has Brad Bell lost his damn mind? LOL

I'm getting flashbacks of Ellen Wheeler with his "we're not going to overdose on words". And of all the primetime shows Brad Bell could take inspiration from, why One Tree Hill?

One good thing, if this doesn't work, Brad will quickly drop it and change the show on a dime.

• Members

That's very true. B&B can make a turnaround like no other soap ever. And as funny as the comments are on DC, I don't think we need to worry about Los Angeles becoming an empty field like Peapack. There's more money in B&B, and their numbers aren't in the 1's like GL was. B&B is actually the best looking soap on daytime. I'm hoping it'll stay that way, and if their recent location shoots are any indication, they'll be just fine for the immediate future.

• Administrator

LOL!!! I changed the title.

Yup. Brad has ADD.

Maybe he meant the music aspect of the show. The music direction on OTH was very unique - they would mostly use songs as their background music instead of intrumentals. If that is what B&B plans on doing, it's going to be expensive, unless they use cheap unknown artists.

• Members

It'd be nice, though, to hear what Papa Bell has to say about his son and B&B these days. wink.png

Brad Bell has been threatening for years to make B&B a more hip and contemporary show. That's why most, if not all, episodes begin now with a music montage straight outta Aaron Spelling.

Whatevs, I say. At the very least, if he does away with dialogue entirely and just has cast members running around each episode and posing for the camera, he'd be playing more to their strengths.

Archived