GH: actress doing a location shoot

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't even watch GH anymore but *blinks* none of Alexis's pairings have worked? I really think the only reason NLG was never fired, particuarly since Guza & Korte hated her was because of the fanbase of her pairings like Jaxis, Sexis, Rexis, etc.

Plus MB's Sonny and LW's Carlyle have had far more failed pairings than NLG, unless I missed the great outpuring of love for Sonny/Reese, Sonny/Jordan ans about 100 other women or LW and MB's version of Scum or her version of CarLo. It's not like Carly and Johnny are setting the world on fire either so if we want to get technical about people not making pairings work look no further than two of the biggest show eaters.

• Members

Megan McTavish spent over a year building up Sonny and Alexis. They only had sex once yes, but she was his primary screen partner during McTavish's entire tenure as HW and I think it's common knowledge that the story went where it did because Guza came along and was hellbent on blowing up everything that every writer before him built. I mean geebus, we had to endure another 2 years of that non-stop Carly/Sonny/Alexis triangle from hell because both fanbases were large and vocal.

As for Jaxis, no they weren't a "real romance" but even Wendy Riche admitted that one of her biggest regrets was not listening to fans who were clamoring for Jax and Alexis during the Mixed Marriages storyline.

But fine, if we don't consider those real romances, you have Nexis, Rexis, and J-Lex and that's still a better track record than a lot of others who have repeatedly stunk up the joint with their pairings (and had a lot more development, airtme, etc.). Cause we can get into the belly flops of Sam/Sonny, Sam/Jax, Scum 3.0, LW's CarLo, the list really does go on. I haven't truly shipped a GH pairing since the Labine days, so really I have no attachment to any pairing, but I think saying Alexis pairings don't or haven't worked is grossly inaccurate.

As for Todd and Carly, I haven't seen much of them, but if they work, more power to them. I do not like Laura Wright or her Carly at all (SJB will always be Carly to me, the only person who was ever able to add some emotional depth to the character), but I also had no use for Blair or Tea and haven't liked Carly's chem with anyone else on GH so if they work, great. Todd is a baby-stealing gang rapist, but if that's where LW's best chem is - NLG's best chem is with a terrorist who has repeatedly tried to kill her children but I still think they worked better than other alternatives *shrug* It beez like that sometimes.

I haven't seen Shawn and Alexis and didn't see Shawn and Carly but I don't recall LW being enthusiastic about Shawn/Carly at all. In fact, she seemed less than thrilled.

• Members

I hope it does not go down like that. Carly has been pathetic long enough. If nothing else, she is Todd's equal, so none of that falling for him because he saved her. Old, insulting and tired. As for LW's best pairing? Not even close! Ingo and Laura were and still are magnificent together. Absolutely stunning, and CarJax is my all time favorite couple in my 32 years of soap viewing, and that says alot! A whole lot! Laura and Sean also had some pretty fantastic chemistry and Sharly had a good story, but I won't get on my soapbox this morning (I'll wait til noon).

As reluctant as I am to admit that Laura and Roger are amazing together, let's see Hack and Hack be clever enough to turn the audience who knows this is a ridiculous storyline for Carly into believers. R/L are already doing their jobs, and no this is far far from old school soap storytelling, but get me past Carly's second consecutive lover being a murdering rapist who also happens to be a child kidnapper. Chemistry should not be the only thing a pairing has. It will hardly sustain a couple (CarJoke anyone?). We have reconciled ourselves with characters not needing to grow or move forward because of chemistry? Story and character development will always be important to me. Always!

You plan on backing this statement up with what? I mean, if you didn't see Shawn/Carly, how can you make such a statement?

• Members

The writers chopped Jax's balls off, and if truth be told, had Jax not been with Carly, Ingo would not have lasted past 2006! Every man on the show took a back seat to SaSon. Name one who didn't? GV's Lucky? He was the worst case, so we can't blame characters when they don't write themselves. It was the tone of the show. SaSon above all else!

And Jax was almost ruined when he married Skye and dumped her shortly thereafter. Then he became a bio baby obsessed bafoon. That was long before Carly and LW.

• Members

And you assume the exit would have been fitting? Had CarJax been written for and not continously messed with when there was nothing for Benard to do, they would have gone down in the record books. I don't think I had ever witnessed a pairing with so many break ups. It was ridiculous!

• Members
It couldn't have been worse than the exit he got last year when he finally split from Carly. Carly ruins a lot of men she is with. Jax just ended up getting the AJ and Tony treatment. Once a strong viable leading man, left town in disgrace and totally emasculated once she was through with him

Archived