CBS developing Brady Bunch reboot with Vince Vaughan

dragonflies

• Members

Oh please just NO nbe.jpg

http://www.tvguide.c...hn-1051080.aspx

One of television's most famous families may be returning!

CBS is developing a reboot of The Brady Bunch produced by Vince Vaughn, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

The original series, created by Sherwood Schwartz, starred Robert Reed and Florence Henderson as Mike and Carol Brady, who each had three children of their own before they wed.

As first reported by Deadline.com, the reboot would focus on one of Mike's three sons, Bobby (portrayed in the original series by Mike Lookinland), now divorced with children of his own who weds a woman that also has kids. Together, the new couple also has a child. In this version, their ex-spouses are still a part of their lives.

The reboot has been given a script order to be written by Mike Mariano (My Name Is Earl, Raising Hope), who will executive-produce with Vaughn and Lloyd Schwartz, the son of the late Sherwood. Victoria Vaughn and Peter Billingsley are also attached as producers.

Would you watch a Brady Bunch reboot?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, this isn't as bad as I thought. No clue on what the quality of the writing will be, but i have a feeling given Vaughan's tastes that it will be more in line with Raising Hope or even Arrested Development. Or maybe it'll be a bootleg Step By Step.nbe.jpg

The original series had its own handful of spinoff projects, none of which did so well. The Brady Bunch Movie was hilarious, however. So I think this will be less cheese as the original, less parody as the movie, and more hipster ironic.

• Members

If Bobby would be the star, would this be a continuation allowing the old actors to appear from time to time? Seems odd, because you KNOW they'll have to recast Bobby. Why not just to a straight up reboot/remake? I don't understand why they have to make it Bobby Brady as the lead.

• Members

Marsha, Jan, and Cindy have all been recast in previous "reboots" and it's never worked. Oddly enough, I think it would work in the case of Bobby if there's really no intention of having Carol and the other Brady siblings guest star, which then of course leads us to the question: Why make it about Bobby Brady to begin with?

• Members

I hope this never makes it to air. I adore the Brady Bunch and their mid-century modern life. I also loved the surreal post-modern movies that depicted the 70s Bradys in the 90s. Unless you're mocking the Bradys, they just don't mesh with the contemporary world. And I don't trust them to mock them in the hilarious but respectful way the movies did. Please just let this die and keep the reruns going eternally.

I loved them. And they said nothing we didn't all say while watching the reruns ad nauseum. They were very faithful to the original series and I appreciated that, and I felt they mocked the original in the most gentle, loving way possible.

Archived