GH: Valentini answers burning questions

• Members

They're saying that Prospect Park will only let them have 3 characters at a time. They were able to isntantly get Starr and Todd, because KA and RH never signed with PP. And so when they tried to get characters from PP, they were only able to get three and I guess chose or were given of Tea, John, and Blair. So the holdup with Natalie is that PP doesn't want to give them any more rights to the characters until they're ready to give them the next batch of three.

Is that bullshit? Sounds like it. But that's their story.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why on earth does there There have to be any reason other than they don't have the money. Good heavens does every former OLTL actor need to be on contract at GH and used. It's going to become like Y&R. They brought the folks on contract they wanted that's it and they didn't want or feel they needed or could afford KDP or FL or MA. Women in general in this industry are second class citizens.

• Members

I find this hard to believe. If they are beind hild off to a contract then that would imply that they are being paid. Is PP really paying all those OLTL stars without using them? Thats what makes no sense whcih is why I refuse to believe this

To be fair SID/SOD always put false information implying incorrect facts on their covers to sell mags

Seriously, you cant make that sh-t up! Would make for a good soap scenario. Whenever it comes to issues of immigration they almost always have the characters marry someone they dont love to stay in the country. Imagine if OLTL had done this with Vimal/Rama when his sister came. She gets in trouble and screws over her brother in the process. Or AMC could have had another Castillo sibling come and mess things up for Cara instead of having Amanda rat her to immigration

• Members

I wonder what Frank was thinking when he decided to blame PP. Did he think people would just accept that or was he actually hoping that this would get people talking about McBam and Liason by working up the Nat fans? After all, Frons or no, ABC loves to troll fanbases. Prospect Park is red meat to the soap "press" and the hardcore fans. From what I've read most of this panel was spent trying to convince the press that GH is still viable. Re-igniting the PP hate is a good way to generate buzz with onliners while deflecting responsibility for what's happening on-screen. Plus it also gets people focused on dead OLTL instead of live GH and that's still what FV cares about whether it matters or not.

• Members

A lot of people will always accept this stuff. People still say it's all Kassie's own choice that she isn't on GH, because of a magazine claim she denied. It's always someone else's fault with "Cartini."

• Members

The actors arent under contract to PP anymore but PP has the rights to the characters til January 2013. RC & FV had to ask permission for Blair, John & Tea.

PP doesnt seem to want to let GH use the Natalie role.

• Members

PP is NEVER going to do OLTL online so there is no reason why Natalie shouldn't be on. I think this is made up bc FV doesn't want to ruin but John/Sam but I really don't care anymore. All of the OLTL people on GH are irrelevant to me except Todd.

• Members

Supposedly PP has the rights to both AMC & OLTL until the first anniversary of their network finales. That means their option on AMC & its characters end in September but OLTL's doesnt end til January 2013.

• Members

Exactly and you gotta love how some want to discount something just so they can bash Cartini LOL. PP has the rights till the end of the year and for AMC they have the rights I think till Sept. If I remember right it's for a year after the show went off the air

Archived