History Channel: Hatfields and McCoys

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Hatfields & McCoys feud ended with a massive bang on Wednesday night, surpassing the record the History miniseries set on Night 1 by drawing 14.3 million total viewers, making it the most-watched entertainment telecast in ad-supported cable history.

Across all three nights, Hatfields & McCoys averaged 13.8 million total viewers, with 4.9 mil falling into the coveted 18-49 demo. What’s more, the finale’s 6.3 million viewers in the 25-54 range marks a 14-year high for ad-supported cable.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/31/ratings-hatfields-mccoys-finale-breaks-record/

• Members

I wanna thank you guys/gals for leading me to this mini-series. Last week, when I'd peruse the front page topics onof the Community forum, I'd notice the topic of this thread but never actually came in here, but Saturday I decided to check out the history channel and try to watch. Luckily, they'd scheduled a back-to-back marathon, so I recorded them and watched them on Sunday. I was really impressed. It reminded me of what TV used to be. When it respected its audience's intelligence, when channels like A&E was truly geared towards the Arts.

And I have to say even though I've NEVER been impressed with Kevin Costner in all the years he's been on the scene, I really liked him in this. His dry acting and line delivery really worked for the character of Devil Anse Hatfield.

Like many of you, I hope this is just beginning of the History Channel's involvement and broadcast of history based mini-series.

• Members

Lifetime is re-airing it.

I love watching Kevin Costner in movies despite his acting challenges. There's something appealing about him (or at least there was. I'm not sure how I feel now). I might watch it the next time it's shown

Archived