New HuffPo Article on GH

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Though I am one of the few (if not lone) non-hater of Cartini on this board, I certainly wouldn't go as far as to proclaim them to be the best since Labine/Riche. Sure, they're better than the suck that was Guza/JFP (anyone with a brain can be better than those hacks), but let's not get ahead of ourselves here....

• Members

It kind of cracks me up, because Guza was so very highly praised for most of his run as GH headwriter. Now it's all written off. I never liked his work, but I can't say "Cartini" are any better. Unless Claire Labine wrote story after story about how hot it is for a mentally ill woman to be raped, they are not comparable.

• Members

Its funny how the press sucked up to the greatness of Guza for years and now he's worse.

But in all fairness, I don't see anything glowing in this writeup which is odd because in one sentence he talks about FV and RC and the new Riche Labine but goes on to criticize almost everything they've done.

• Members

In all fairness I don't think many really hated them until the press went overboard and on liners started proclaiming them as next generation saviors. I have actually liked some of what RC has done, the Kish story was decent but the things he seems to be praised for seem to me some of the most repulsive cliched soap story lines.

• Members

The guy who wrote the article is a little over the top...Carlivati has turned the show around in 25 episodes or less, and I'm sure given the chance, the show will look much different in a year. It will never be what it was. I was just re-watching the Susan Moore murder clips on youtube from March 1983 and under Anne Howard Bailey the show was on fire. All the vets, the newbies could mostly act. But they had budget and the writers were allowed to create real stories that played out over months. These writers are doing the bidding of corporate execs with a a shoe string budget. We all knew Robin was alive; the only surprise was that they revealed it on a Monday and so soon. We all know Hope is alive but Cole won't be. A viewer has to play along. I too wish Sonny was written out, but Carlivati has created a great dilemna for Sonny and the rivalry with Todd is inspired especially for fans of both shows.

• Members

Glad to see someone finally be honest about the state of GH - there seems to be a "can't say anything bad about it ever cause its the last ABC show" mentality and things like this need to be said about the show - especially the killing of the kid in order to fulfill some sort of Cartini wet dream of having Todd's kid and Sonny's kid hook up.

• Members

The Carly assessment is right on point, and if I didn't know any better, I'd swear they copied me. Cartini believe they are writing some diva/vixen when Carly is really mentally unstable. The clowns just said "screw that this woman has children and that Wolf had gotten her past this foolish behavior, if we were straight, we'd want a woman like Carly". At least that's what I'm getting out of this heinous junvenile writing!

ANDREA

Archived