DAYS Promo: Someone gets SLAPPED!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Christie does nail it when the writing is there. From 1992-1999 she was amazing. The problem is, from the moment she returned in 2006, the writing was awful and has been for the character since.

I do disagree that she is very limited in range, though. She plays the victim well, yes, but as the recent scenes with Sami confirmed, she can give hell as well as she can take it. JMHO.

• Members

I actually agree with Jack. She is VERY regular and basic. Nothing pops out about her. What worked for her in the 90s was the writing and stories, not her and it shows now. She doesn't make me compelled to watch her nor can she overcome subpar writing. She just doesn't seem to have that soapy star quality despite being in the business over 20 years.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I have never seen Christie Clark nail a scene, nor once thought she was amazing. There's something about her acting that's completely inauthentic, so much so that it takes me right out of the scene. I don't understand her appeal at all, even now.

Oddly enough, I feel the opposite about Muldoon- he did wow me when the writing was there in his first run. And as critical as most here are of his current run, I for one am enjoying him, even if it's not the same as his original take on the character. But rushed as it is, the actual scenes look like they'll be entertaining and I am interested in seeing if Melanie gets in on the action.

By the way, is it just me, or does it feel like the show has just dropped Chad/Melanie? Frankly, with all the fat trimming that needs to be done, he's one of the first that should go. He just serves no purpose and if they need to have a young male or males in his age range, I say just start from scratch. Even though she was only supposed to be short term, it was a really dumb move to kill off Jessica Tuck's Madeline. She's about the only way that they could make Chad even semi-compelling at this point.

• Members

Like you, I don't get the point of this at all. The story is so rushed it's ridiculous. They're jumping from point A to J without any motivation. I can believe that Carrie is attracted to Rafe, what I don't believe is her instant love for Rafe after one kiss. She was unbelievably unlikeable in the scenes where she admitted she wanted Rafe and left Austin heartbroken. If that was DAYS intent to make her a bitch they scored. She couldn't have cared less if Austin was hurt by her confession. Even Rafe asked her if she wasn't going to go after him and she said no since her only focus was getting him to admit he felt the same. And i sure as heck don't believe that he loves Carrie to the point that he's willing to divorce Sami and pursue a relationship with her. It's all too bizarre and rushed and Clark and Gering have too little chemistry to sell it.

If they brought Clark back for this nonesense then it wasn't worth it because the writing is doing her no favors. Austin may be dumb as a block of rocks but I'm totally in his corner. Even worse it's hard to even be invested in this story since there are no beats to it. I'm expecting Carrie to forgive Austin, be back in love with him and they dedide to renew their marriage vows in less than a month.

And on a side note, I LOATHE the spoiler that Abe and Lexie reunite. So f'n predicatble. Renee Jones continue to be wasted in a token, boring, backburnered relationship. Ugh!

• Members

I think the idea was mostly to give some thin reason for the Austin/Abby story, and for some type of clever history twist, because now Carrie had taken one of Sami's men.

These stories go so fast and have so little payoff that it just seems like more hiding behind history.

• Members

How so?

Carrie/Rafe was set up when Abby;s older man was still going to be Quinn. If anything they moved her to Austin to make way for Carrie/Rafe.

and it has nothing to do with a celever history twist as far as carrie having one of samis men. its tie to history is abby being in the sami role. carrie is actually rather in character, shes a cheater. its nothing new. shes done it plenty of times before. it seems to me they might actually go there with carrie/.rafe tho as opposed to a short term thing, but idk because it also seems like they will push him to nicole.

i dont mind the fast moving story, its the no payoff and zero impact they have.

• Members

well, this is the first time carrie has been with her sisters husband, or even man. of course its about that, thats a big issue for everyone involved to overcome. but austins cheating have her the ok to give in, i was expecting her to sleep with him then the truth come out and then here comes baby.

• Members

I agree, that would be the main issue, I just meant I think they did the story just to revive more history for Sami (and not a lot of other reason apparently, since he is now moving on to Nicole), instead of addressing any of Carrie's past actions regarding cheating.

Archived