Y&R Promo: Jack Means Business

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not another "poor Adam" storyline, surely? I can already hear "how dare those horrible fathers/terrible weak men go after poor Adam this way."

Doug Davidson looks awful in that promo.

At least Jack seems to have some fire. Now he needs to start running over some feet.

• Members

The premise of this SL -- at least as shown in the promo -- isn't bad in of itself. I would also add that Jack had his comeuppance coming after he got Adam sent to jail for something they both did (nevermind the mental anguish he put Patty through). Also, the visual appeal of Jack possibly running a blind Adam down with his wheelchair is not lost on me. It would be nice if Victor stayed away from this entire SL altogether.

• Members

What I don't understand about this "mental anguish" is why we are supposed to believe that Patty is still emotionally crippled because her husband nailed another woman 30 years ago, while Victor and Adam abuse women in a variety of ways, and Billy repeatedly has unprotected sex with strangers and then goes back home to have unprotected sex with the woman in his life, and no woman is allowed to be upset with them.

• Members

"No consequences whatsoever to Adam?" He's blind and the town pariah. Aren't THOSE consequences?

Both Adam and Jack were involved in forging the diary but only Adam paid the price. Jack and Victor have that same disease where they think they do no wrong and never have to pay for anything, but everyone else does plenty of wrong and always has to pay for everything.

• Members

Patti has a mental defect and that's why she's still emotionally crippled 30 years after "her husband nailed another woman." She needs meds to keep her balanced, and she'll need them forever, that's how sick she is. All those other women don't have that particular mental defect, so they've been able to find the strength to move on. I know Jack loves to blame Victor (and now Adam) for every little thing that Patti ever did to him, but Patti wouldn't have been on her rampage if Jack hadn't betrayed her by having sex with another woman while married (or engaged?) to HER. He was scummy back then.

Archived