DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh I wouldnt say that. He most definetly hated her when she kept Will away from him and lied about him abusing the kid. The fact that they were ever able to get over that, fall in lvoe and get married was a miracle in and of itself bc of the intense hatred and contempt both characters had for each other in the late 90s

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess its how you see it. They both definitely hurt each other but I never saw intense hatred. I guess maybe its because the show kept their connection and ended them somewhat amicably. I always felt they knew each other so well it was bound to circle back. Lucas of course was never really a knight in shining armor either as much as people insist Sami and EJ were alike, Lucas did his share of lying and scheming also.

• Members

I started watching around the 03' era and forward and everything I've seen from Lucas is virtually the same stuff I've seen with Sami with both Austin and Rafe. Sami does something Lucas doesn't like, he yells at her, acts like she would never have ever done something like this, is appalled by her behavior, scorns her with a moral tirade and then walks out on her and looks for a woman who has more moral character then her (i.e. Carrie, Nicole, Chole, others). That all points to me that Lucas doesn't know a thing about Sami if he is consistently shocked by her behavior, depravity and general immoral/amoral attitude.

Brandon and EJ seem to be the only characters she was paired with who actually understood that Sami was a self-destructive sociopath who did whatever possible to get what she wants. All the other men in her life were tricked and convinced through her lies and machinations that she was this misunderstood girl with a heart of gold, strong moral fiber included and that was never the case. Hence why her men always look like complete and utter fools once the lights finally come on and they see who she truly is.

• Members

The thing is I keep hearing how perfect EJ was for sociopath Sami which fails for 2 reasons

- Sami was turned into the weepy show victim upon his arrival

- When EJ and Sami were given a legit shot in 2008, EJ was "reformed" into a sniveling wimpy weak Sami purseholder and the writing for him progressively worse.

Forget about EJ accepting who Sami is she never accepted who he was

I actually have no couple preference for any of them. I'd just like to see them improve EJ's characterization along with Nicoles

• Members

I don't either. I am just tired of Sami's love interests acting completely brand new when it comes to who she is and having to witness the same scene concerning her and her "wrong ways" over and over again. Surely people know her by now it's been 20 plus years of the same story being told over and over again. We just witnessed the blow out with Rafe and I am so not excited to watch it with Lucas for the fourth or fifth consecutive time. I'd rather see her with someone who accepts her foolishness because it will never work otherwise.

• Members

Omg. It is so great to have Lucas Roberts back. I LOVED his scenes with Sami, they were adorable as usual wub.png They've still got it & I hope they get back together icon1.gif

If they make Ian his father, I will be rolleyes.gif Why do I have that feeling?

Everything with Sami this past week was great IMO.

LOL at pressed, jealous Gabi. I kinda love it. Melanie and Chad all the way, they are still cute. But what's up with Chad's hair? e5028380.gif

So sorry I was not able to make a DAYS thread graphic in time sad.png

Archived