Why Did Beth Ehlers' Stint on AMC Fizzle?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get it AllMyDaysatGH. Only Beth could say something positive about her? I remember when all the message boards were filled with posts from her fans, back when people watched soaps and the boards were much more active. Then they got nasty, thanks to a few trolls (we know who they are). All those fans were driven away and since then, these few haters have had their way. So you AllMy DaysatGH and everyone else can worship your faves and God help anybody who doesn't like who you like. And if You don't like someone, that means no else does? I'm not Mr. Hyperbole Michael Logan. I deal with facts.I stand by everything I wrote as 100% truth. I love information. I'll gladly take any new information anybody has to offer, if it's actual facts, not opinion. I can't convince myself something that isn't true is true. It doesn't do me any good. Only someone who doesn't care about facts would think what I posted was "weird." Why the focus on Beth's stint? Clearly, she wasn't brought on to get AMC's ratings up or they would've actually used her.Clearly, they didn't want her massive fanbase tuning in or they would've let them know she was joining. Why isn't the focus on the fact that every single thing TPTB did failed? Nothing worked. To say that no one here has attacked her is foolish. Re-read the posts and you'll see. If you think they are respectful. you have a different definition than the traditional one. I never said she was perfect. That is not at issue.She has been slandered for years by these same posters. Do you want me to trash your favorites? I guarantee you would go ballistic on me. Save your money. Instead of getting Kim Zimmer's flop of a book, go back and read her magazine articles where she trashes Ellen Wheeler and SoapKiller David Kreizman and blames them for destroying the show. No mention of Beth. Matter of fact, Kim and Beth rarely worked the same days and almost never had scenes together, so her knowledge of other's behavior is specious. Ask anybody from GL what Beth's attitude was and They will tell you she was great to work with. She obviously got along with her AMC co-stars too by looking at photos. Zimmer was the one who refused to take the paycut (which was nowhere near the AMC 40% cut). That led to actors being fired and dropped from contract.

• Members

Yeah Jonathan, because what you like to talk about is so much more important, HaHa.

Uh, EricMontreal22, I'm replying to all the garbage posts from people spreading malicious lies. I appreciate those who "agree" with what I said because it's all true. They are not talking points, they are historical facts. I don't appreciate revisionist history, especially now when that's all that is left - history. Just tell me who you all like so I can make stuff up and trash them. What? Oh you wouldn't like that. I figured.

• Members

TV4Me, if we're haters why are you posting here? As a Beth fan, I agree with so many of the things you said, but the way you said it and your attacks of the fellow fans and SON community makes me not interested in what you have to say. If you disagree, quote what you disagree with and respond. You don't have to make it personal and call everyone haters and the like. I know a lot of people here with unpopular opinions who get along just fine. You need to chill.

• Members

True or not, I don't think you can define anything you've written as "historical facts". Brilliant term though. Anyway you're replying to OLD posts, and you've already replied to them as far as I can see, I didn't understand the need for another marathon post to things you already replied to. This is a (mostly) drama free board that doesn't usually take peoples' views so personally--I know that's different than many soap boards, but...

• Members

First of all Chris B, I didn't say you were All haters. I'm referring to specific posts. I didn't make anything personal. How can I? I don't know you or anybody else. In order to get personal, you would have to know stuff about the person. I was the one being attacked. I only answered to their snotty replies to my posts. Drama-free board? Really? Hey, I used to come here years ago when it was drama-free. It was filled with intelligent posters who really loved soaps and respected others' tastes. I don't see that now. The way I said it? I stated facts. I corrected patently false lies. I didn't see you doing it. Maybe if you had done it the "right" way (whatever that is), then I'd reply by saying Good Post. What do I have to do with what I say? This is something I've read before - I don't like the way you said something so therefore I don't like you. I post according to the tenor of the board. I wouldn't call slander "unpopular opinions." Did you read the replies to mine or just mine? I never liked the practice of taking pieces of others' posts and putting them in my posts and using obnoxious emoticons. I wouldn't call "getting along" what was directed at me. I guess I should just ignore them. Telling me to "chill" is nice. Makes me not interested in what you have to say.

Eric, I've tried to make sense of your first sentence and can't. It's true but not historical fact. Huh? It is a brilliant term because if something is recorded for history, like say ratings numbers, actual quotes from people with firsthand accounts, dates that prove the time and order something happened, actions described by eyewitnesses, etc. then it is considered historical fact. I've heard the term many times. As for Old Posts, this thread was started this month and I didn't re-post, I responded to what was replied to. There's a lot to cover, it wasn't someone saying one thing. The Marathon posts were the people who took a simple question by Max and instead of answering truthfully, decided to turn it into a Bash Beth Ehlers thread. I responded to Max, not you. You don't have to read anything. I didn't post with you in mind. You attacked me. Got it? I know that bullies don't expect anyone to fight back. You don't like being challenged, Too Bad. Do you want me to critique your "marathon" posts? You don't like being marginalized, I get it. Once again, too bad. If you don't want me to take anything personally, don't attack me. Got it? I don't have a problem with other people's views, I do have a problem with defamation of character and slander. I've never been treated this way anywhere else, so stop with the I'm So Innocent routine. If this were a "drama-free" board, you'd have more posters here. I don't see anyone from even a few years ago. Evidently, you wonderful, respectful, pleasant, delightful posters drove them away from your friendly community. Now lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Archived