• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I started to post this on the GH thread, but I think it fits better here ....

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7Zo6fFJRmN/

May 25, 2024
abonemartinez (A Martinez)
Last year I saw my brother Lane Davies play King Lear in Los Angeles. His performance was so astonishing that I went back a few days later to watch him do it again. Afterwards he sat around with some fans who'd journeyed far to see him inhabit this iconic role, and he spoke of the experience for a generously long amount of time –– even though he was very tired. Lane is a truly wonderful actor, and a stellar human being. Next Sunday a couple of his fellow travelers –– me and the legendary Maurice Benard –– are gonna hop on Zoom for a couple of hours to talk about the work and raise money for Lane's theatre company to do more Shakespeare! (There may be some surprise guests as well...) This is a labor of love for each of us –– should be a lot of good feels and a lot of good fun –– and I hope you'll join us if you can. #thebrothersyoufind

Benefit for this theatre company in Georgia where Lane Davies lives 
https://conasaugashakespeare.com/

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

https://deadline.com/2024/05/godfather-of-harlem-rome-flynn-season-4-cast-1235942194/

Emmy Award-winner Rome Flynn is set to recur in the MGM+ series Godfather of Harlem for Season 4.

Flynn will portray real-life gangster Frank Lucas, who is described by the streamer as “a country boy from North Carolina who ventured to Harlem and, after initial friction with gangster Bumpy Johnson (Forest Whitaker), eventually rose to become Bumpy’s fierce defender and right-hand man.” Denzel Washington depicted Lucas in the movie American Gangster, but in Godfather of Harlem, his story begins 10 years earlier than in the film.

Created by Chris Brancato (Narcos, Hotel Cocaine) and the late Paul Eckstein, Godfather of Harlem tells a story inspired by infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson (Whitaker), who in the early 1960s returned from 11 years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles.

“When I saw Rome’s audition, I immediately knew we’d found our man – equal parts charming and ruthless, savvy and suave. Rome is a wonderful actor who can go toe-to-toe with Forest Whitaker and our other great performers,” said Brancato in a statement to Deadline.

----

He's playing a younger version of Denzel's character!

Edited by janea4old

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Barbara Crampton (Y&R/GL/DOOL/B&B) and Connor Paolo (Travis O'Connell, OLTL) are both featured in the well-reviewed The Last Stop in Yuma County (and can be seen in this trailer):

• Members

We'll just ignore the fact that the social media manager for the local news made a typo when posting those morning rather than this morning (which probably are the first two words of 90% of their posts).

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

This is not so much a ”Where Are They Now?” as much as a “Where They Were Back Then” but I am reading a book entitled The Swans of Harlem.

Please register in order to view this content

There is a chapter discussing the origins of the Dance Theater of Harlem and its founder Arthur Mitchell who was distraught in the wake of the MLK assassination when he called to friends in the middle of the night to help him work out a plan that would utilize his gift in service of his community. The two friends he called were Cicely Tyson and Brock Peters. Fans of 1980s Y&R might remember that Brock Peters played Commissioner Frank Lewis, Carl Williams’ (the father of Paul Williams) boss and Amy Lewis’ dad.