SOD Succesful recasts recall their first day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In some places B&B was called "Caroline" in its first years. The actors were mobbed in places like Italy and feared for their lives.

Jill Larson is one of those interesting cases where she just totally changed the character - I think that's why many people loved her but many others also seemed to still miss Dorothy Lyman.

• Members

Even recently (mid-2000s) when I would visit family in Italy the one American show that I could count on everyone to know about if I needed common ground for a conversation was B&B. Some people were addicted to it, others professed to hate it, but everyone knew it and all the characters' names.

• Members

Y&R had two other HUGE recasts, of course, Jill and Jack. I would've never believed that the actress who played Shelly/Kelly, the hooker with the heart of gold (LOL), could fill BD's outrageous evening gowns at the office. She may not have done it in the campy way, but she sure made Jill a tough cookie. The same goes for Dr. Cliff, I nearly died when he was announced as Jack. Aunt Jack never quite made me believe that he was the same character as TL's rogue. I'd love to read a story about them.

Archived