SOD Succesful recasts recall their first day

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very interesting, thanks for sharing! I guess these are from SOD's from 1995. I liked Melody's comments about not really being worried about fans accepting her. From the sounds of it, Erica Hope didn't really do too much, its nice to see a picture of her though. She def looks like Melody.

LOL I actually have those episodes in the first pages, where Nikki wears that Maroon shirt.

• Members

I always thought Gillian Spencer left shows after a few years by her own choice, not wanting to stay around, but it sounds like she really didn't want to leave OLTL at all. I always thought she wanted to leave ATWT but then read she was let go and they only kept her on as long as they did because of fan demand.

This must not have been too long before Jeff Tractha was fired.

• Members

It sounds like Erica Hope was impatient with the writing for Nikki. Melody said so herself that Nikki wasn't develop quite yet after 6 months, so perhaps if she had waited she could have stayed. (then again we would have never gotten Melody, which is a scary thought)

• Members

I remember that Leslie interview (what an awful photo). She said elsewhere that she was president of an Elvis fan club and she came in on the day Elvis died. She also said she was the one who told the cast about the firing.

That Hope - Tammy Taylor - was, I believe, quite a bit older than the character. I wonder why they didn't just have her act her age.

Archived