Nick At Nite Orders 80-Episode Telenovela with JFP and Josh Griffith

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have to consider the source material. The show is based on a Televisa novela from the mid-1990s. In my opinion, the telenovelas produced by Televisa are fairly formulaic. With that said, we should be happy they dropped the nerdy teenager angle from Loren's character, which was complete with coke bottle glasses.

Nick @ Nite has a link to the first episode on their website, but it hasn't worked for me for the past two days.

• Members

I recognized Brandon Bell (Eddie's manager) and Robert Adamson(was a Lincoln Heights fan). Loren's mom annoyed me. I was excited to see Carlos Ponce. I wonder if he'll sing on the show. Justin Wilczynski was also good. The epi flowed better after the first 10 minutes. Lol the filming really did make it look like a Televisa production. It reminded me of a couple of different televisa novelas and movies I saw.

• Members

Wilczynski and Ordway impressed me in the clips I saw on the press site. I had no ill feelings for either Underwood or Longo in their previous soap stints. They certainly have to be better than Nectar Rose and Joseph Cacia, who were the romantic leads on "Spyder Games." I think the movie / music industry aspect will play well and should provide significant drama, but I wonder how well that will play out opposite scenes of Phil and Adriana pulling their school yard shenangians at the local high school. With that said, I appreciate the attempt to incorporate the adults into the drama, which was a downfall on "Spyder Games."

Televisa is co-producing this venture with Sony. I believe this is there second major attempt to crack the English language market. I know there were a series of novelas produced in the mid-1990s, which aired on FOX affiliates. Based on the properties, I believe they were Televisa productions.

The first episode is now on iTunes. I was able to see the first 30 seconds before it stopped working. I guess I'm going to have to wait until the preview week to see the first episode.

• Members

I feel like I should've hated this but I didn't. I am going to need to see more beyond the first episode but as basic as it was, I kinda liked it. Lisa has such a problem with her daughter Melissa that it makes me wonder if she's going to be eating crow when/if she finds out that it's her son Phil who's going to surprise and disappoint her in some way. Also looking forward to how Eddie's father Max progresses as a character and just how jealous of Eddie, Tyler will become.

• Members

I wonder if Teen Nick will air the show? I doubt they will this summer since Teen Nick has a lot of shows airing (Aussie's Slide, Alien Surf Girls, Dance Academy, and of course Degrassi Showdown) but what if they bring it in for the fall or after the initial episodes ends on N@N?

Archived