Nick At Nite Orders 80-Episode Telenovela with JFP and Josh Griffith

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's Carlos Ponce (depressed dude alone).

I'm still interested in seeing how this all turns out. The branding is intriguing. The "family drama" element is interesting since most novelas focus on the love story aspect and there seems to be significant interaction between the two generations, which I didn't expect based on the choice of source material. It looks like summer fluff. I hope its successful, even if it isn't my type of material, to try to revive daily drama in one form or another.

The "Spyder Games" comparisons may be something to consider. I wonder if Nick at Nite plans on this being a seasonal series as MTV planned with SG had they been able to justify the ratings and the cost.

• Members

http://nickpress-hollywoodheights.com/index.html

There are some clips from the first two episodes available, brief character bios, and some brief episode write ups.

On the credit page, the writing staff includes Christian McLaughlin and Valerie Ahern (the co-creators of "Spyder Games") are listed along with Sally Sussman Morina.

The dialogue highlighted in the clips I've seen so far has been equally atrocious. Beware the clip outside the concert.

• Members

More reliable than Wikipedia.

Anyway, I am interested in seeing it. Just because it has a spyder games vibe to it (and that the same people from there are working on it.) I think this suits JFP fine and I hope it leads to other "family soaps" on N@N or maybe even Teen Nick since Degrassi's experiment (though that's a Canadian show but I think Nickeloden has some influence over it) with this format made it more popualr on the channel.

• Members

WeLoveSoaps is reporting Nick-at-Nite will be airing the premier episode nightly the week of June 11th-June 15th in the 9 PM slot. I don't think this is a terrible idea, but I do hope they consider a weekend marathon. I think that would be more successful than airing the same episodes 5 times prior to the premier. There seems to be plans of putting episodes up On Demand, which I think is smart. Why the networks haven't done On Demand channels for the soaps I'll never understand? Unless they would violate their agreement with SoapNet since most of the remaining soaps air on that network.

Nick-at-Nite's HH site should launch today. Here's a link: http://www.nickatnite.com/shows/hollywood-heights . They are still working on it, but the character bios seem to be similar to the ones on the press site page.

According to the information released on the press site, the premier episode will be availble June 1st on the website above. Also, the show will be available on iTunes beginning June 4th. The first five episodes will be available on iTunes, and On Demand, prior to the premier of the series.

• Members

I'm hoping that this show really surprises me and that it ends up being a lot trashy than it actually looks. It's airing in primetime so they can afford to be a little raunchy with this IMO. I wonder if there will even be a murder at some point in the show?

Archived