Nicole Walker...No Goodbye???

• Members

So according to TV Guide online, Nicole will have no real goodbye or sendoff. The show is leaving the role very open ended. I'm a little disturbed by this as I believe Arianne so deserves a good sendoff. What do you guys think?

Lately I've found myself drawn to any scene with Nicole (since Brady's departure that is)! I'm really gonna miss AZ.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am disappointed but given the fact that her exit was so sudden ( I mean Days had long term plans for her since in SOD's 2006 previews issue they had her being paired with Roman) actually is what is keeping me from being outraged. She may go off to run Highstyle yet but we may not get a goodbye scene. We will just hear her acknowledged on the phone or something. I think Days has a feeling she may return someday too but I doubt it since her character has no ties whatsoever but the way this all happened (and it happened very fast I mean we only learned this like two weeks ago) tells me Days wasn't prepared for this and that they are just gonna leave it open if they ever decide to pick up the role. Sadly, they can do this since Nicole is a minor character now and hasn't been on much at all. I will miss Ari dearly and hope that a miracle happens and she returns someday :( .

I think we should all vote for her in the top 10 her last week to show our support :D .

Bricole ruined Nicole and wasted the many years that Nicole could have been doing something else more enjoyable. That is one of Days biggest mistakes:forcing Bricole down our throats and it was Higley who started that crap :angry: .

• Members

I sooooo agree with this!

And Nicole getting no send off? To have a coming back open? Oh please... They could have send her off to LA to work for High Style and have a small goodbye party (okay, so not many people would be there, since not many people liked Nicole, but still..) !

But I guess whoever said that it must have been to sudden for the producers is right..

• Members

I know, but making her go to LA to run HS could also leave it open for her to return anytime! They could explain it by saying Nicole became an alcholic (ok, maybe not became, but maybe her alcoholism progressed lol) and she screwed up HS and got fired and then she came back to Salem!

• Members

This was posted already in the DTS board :)

I don't think this is so much of a problem considering Nicole goes and comes on the screen all the time. One minute you see her, one minute you don't. It's like is she REALLY on the show?

• Members

You're right, in a way. At this point, who would really care if Nicole left town? Austin is the only person I can think of who would genuinely miss her. Maybe Sami and Victor would care. They've really just boxed her into this isolated, crappy corner.

I don't so much mind that the character is leaving, because they have a big cast and she isn't "core." What sucks is that they haven't bothered to write a story for a talented performer and won't even show her the respect of letting the audience know where the character went.

Archived