B&B: Bill and Steffy Promo!

• Members

No one on B&B ever stays together, so any relationship will be temporary. I just don't think Steffi's ever lost anything more than anyone else on the show. I guess there's Phoebe's death, but the show doesn't write about this. Beyond that the most she's lost is Bill, and she's only lost him, for a while, because his wife has heart problems.

(editing out the Oliver stuff - I'd forgotten some of the story)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

your original statement is about Steffy never getting any comeuppance. Carly rarely does. She does plenty of things, The show doesnt tend to write her lose often. The most recent men she "lost" was Jax and that was shifted to make it out to be him who lost her. He gets trashed GH style while she gets their baby and a new man already waiting in the wings. Her losing amounts to her ultimately being the winner and that tends to be the end result of most of her stories. The end result of Steffy's stories isnt about her winning and they dont trash the men in her life to make that so when she does lose.

• Members

Sorry, I thought you brought the doesn't lose men part up because of Carly.

I guess I just don't see this comeuppance - to me Carly "loses" in about the same way Steffi does. They both get to do what they want and some people are always going to be on their side or want them.

• Members

Do you actually watch B&B regularly or do you just catch an episode here and there? If you are watching regularly, I just don't see where you are coming from, of course, that's usually the case.

Steffy almost never gets what she wants. She and Bill never even slept together. She wants Liam to be in love with her, he isn't. He's spent every day since their marriage pining for Hope. Who is on Steffy's side other than her mother? Even Sheila Carter had one minion. Ridge was even on Hope's side until Brad had to break up that father/daughter relationship, so Hope and Thomas weren't calling the same man Dad.

Steffy does not get half the white washing and propping that Carly does. People call Steffy out left and right, including her own family. Anyway, the differences are so self evident, I can't be bothered to continue.

• Members

People call Carly out too. It doesn't really matter if the character doesn't change, as Carly never does, and Steffy doesn't seem to either. Bill is still in love with Steffy, Steffy never lost him because of anything she did - even marrying his son hasn't changed his feelings toward her.

Steffy's mother is her chief enabler, encouraging her to steal a man - Taylor may not be the saint she was in her most popular years but she's still presented as basically a decent person. It's nowhere near the same as the Sheila/Mike relationship.

Steffy got her parents back together, more than once. She got Bill. She got Liam. She has plenty of money and power. If that's your idea of losing, then we can agree to disagree. Or we could if you were reading this. Since you can't be bothered to read this, clearly this will be the last post on the subject.

• Members

Here's the thing....honestly, has Steffi ever done anything to really merit a comeuppance? At least before this thing with Liam, all she's ever really done is lust after Bill and steal a cell phone to fake texts (or ignore them, I forget which). Most of Steffi's stories are so disjointed, there's never enough true build-up to merit someone going nuclear on her ass.

Half-heartedly chasing after Ollie isn't much of a resume. She was presented as the heroine for outsmarting Bill for Forrester. As much as I dislike her in general, if there's any kid that truly deserves a comeuppance, it's Thomas, not Steffi. At least yet. Thomas was a lot more active in Berrygate than anyone likes to admit. Steffi's vixen ways are mostly childish stunts.

• Members

OMG, finally! The best triangle B&B had in years, and I thought Brad had consigned it to the dumpster!

JMcW has been playing Steffy -as pretending to be somebody else in order to get Liam, by "prioritising my HUZZBIND" and playing the model girlfriend and wife. It was such a change from her dealings with Bill when she was mouthy, tough while also allowing herself to be her own person in the presence of Bill. Bill is her kryptonite and I always hoped that the Steffy-Liam insta-marriage would segue into a story incorporating Bill again. The biggest mistake Brad Bell made was by having Bill push Steffy and Liam together, which I didn't believe for one moment.

Steffy is a vixen, but she is a small-fry vixen. She doesn't do mega-crazy things or attempt to kill people or anything like that. She is an old-school bad girl messing around in the world of "high fashion."

I don't find her in any way comparable to GH's Carly who uses her children in order to big herself up as the World's Greatest Mother while dumping them on Mercedes or whatever their babysitter is called. She also uses them to play on Sonny and Jason's feelings and to land rich husbands like Jax. That actually makes her sound like more fun than she actually is! LOL. Given that she eggs on mobsters and hired assassins, I'd say she is a lot more despicable than Steffy. Steffers has gotten her comeuppance when she tried to bring Ridge & Taylor together again and failed. She also lost Bill, a man she really loved, to Katie and that really devastated her. She will probably be punished again when Liam and Hope find their way back to each other. I'm cool with that. Overall she is written in a pretty balanced manner (and that is saying something for B&B ).

Totally agree about that grown-ass adult Thomas who was jonesing for Brooke before they even washed up on that island and ate the boinkberries. No way was he some poor child being preyed on by Brooke.

• Members

I was more in the area of "Steffi really doesn't do much of anything" vein. Her main qualifications for "vixen" seem to be wearing lingerie and possessing a hoochie. Her pursuit of Bill seemed mostly childish and accidental. Until she plots something, the occassional scolding is a good enough "comeuppance" for me.

Archived