OLTL: Hated (possibly most) character returns

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVE Crystal Hunt and I thought Stacey really improved towards the end. It was a TERRIBLE, thankless character and I hate how the actors and fans seems so negative towards Crystal. It's not her fault Frons and Calivati were pimping her in such a dreadful, poorly written story with a poorly written character. I loved her on GL and think she can do great things.

• Members

I didn't either. I never thought she was the "most hated." On a show that's had Fwhored, BW's cartoon characters, Mitch and Irene (among others in just the recent past), Stacy wasn't that bad. She hasn't been as hated as Natalie or McBain have been IMO. Most of the nastiness directed at CH seemed to come from JPL and FF personally (via gossips on other websites). Because big bad "Stacy" interrupted their fictional "Greatest Twu Wuv Story Of All time!" on a soap opera and that was all CH's fault. unsure.png After sitting through a few Dirty Soap episodes, real-life Pajama Boy and the Flying Middle Finger are actually the antithesis of twu wuv. Fictional Rex/Gigi are beyond annoying.

• Members

Probably for flashbacks about her having the plastic surgery to look like Gigi. Wow, dumbest story ever.

I would take Crystal Hunt over JPL and Farah Fath too, if I have to choose. Really, ratings were so low at that time when they were the three worst actors on the show in 2009 and dominating airtime. The acting was even worse than the writing. Though sadly, all three of them are better than Andrew Trischetta, David Gregory, and Bree Williamson, among a few others.

I agree that Crystal improved towards the end, and with Scott Clifton (the only decent actor in the Stacy story). As awful as Stacy was, Crystal wasn't as bad on OLTL as she was on Guiding Light as Lizzie Spaulding.

• Members

How could I forget to mention nuJack AT? Thanks for reminding me, Mathewson. blink.png I agree Crystal was better on OLTL than as GL's Lizzie. I liked Hayden Panettiere on both OLTL (Sarah) and GL (Lizzie).

I forgot to add that I wish OLTL had first made room for Dr. Larry to return, before they decided to drown Llanview in a flood of campy villains. Larry was more important to OLTL's successful years than those characters. Rex and Gigi did nothing to deserve more attention and stories than Viki has had in the past year. IMO, those two don't even deserve to still be on the show instead of Kevin, Joey, Dorian, Marty, Cassie, Andrew and Rachel. That Dr. Larry isn't returning (yet a dead character like Stacy had to be brought back because of Rex/Gigi) just boggles the mind.

Archived