OLTL: Hated (possibly most) character returns

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Precisely. Even if I didn't think Stacy (and CH) was hell on Earth to watch, I'd still question bringing her and others back while bringing back the likes of Michael Storm (Larry), Marilyn Chris (Wanda), Anthony Call (Herb), Ellen Holly and Al Freeman, Jr. (Carla and Ed), and even Brynn Thayer (Jenny) and Shelly Burch (Delila) are just flat-out impossibilities.

IMO, the only real hard "get" would have to be Judith Light (Karen), and that's just because I don't always believe her to be sincere whenever she says how "grateful" she was for her time on OLTL. To me, as terrific as she was and is as an actor, she seems way less sincere than, say, Julianne Moore (ex-Frannie, ATWT), who did come back to her show when it was cancelled, despite a high-profile career and, no doubt, busy schedule.

• Members

Julianne was no doubt sincere in coming back, but I think she is also friends with Noelle Beck, who was on ATWT at the end. I wonder if Judith has spoken to anyone from OLTL in years.

I think Stacey was a disgusting character, no matter who played her. She was, essentially, a high-camp figure dropped into a story about a dying child. The show never cared about Shane, and they likely assumed viewers didn't either, so he just sat there, dying, while Stacey swanned around town with a bag of blood. It was bizarre, and offputting. Her backstory was not only ridiculous (obsessing over a man for over a decade because he picked up her book bag), it also reminded viewers how ridiculous and pathetic Gigi's backstory was.

Crystal Hunt had a few nice moments with Sky, but really all she did was reinforce how completely and utterly worthless in every way Rex and Gigi were, and how much they killed the show. It wasn't until that story that the hype for them - including being named one of the best couples of the year (which is the definition of faint praise anyway...) - died off, and has never returned.

• Members

I didn't mind Stacy, but it was definitely Kim that made her more enjoyable. I much prefer her to Gigi and Rex - we were definitely supposed to hate Stacy but I just hated Gigi/Rex more...

I just wonder why she will be back - flashbacks ? It can't even be "the switch" flashbacks because then Stacy had Gigi's face....

Archived