If your favorite Soap allowed you to be head writer for 6 months..what stories would you plan out.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She'd (The Crapford Wife) hate me for it, but I'd slowly have Phyllis crack and each character one by one see who she truly is and kick it off with

Avery and Nick sex, Pacman and blogging.

But it would be a nice, slow, 2 year burn that each character and viewer I think would relish and perhaps would wake up Michelle and turn on her acting skills.

And one by one her worst nightmares would return. Maura. Victoria. Kimberlin. And each would have their part in her heavenly annihilation.

Oh and Sharon Case. Sharon CASE. WE'D be putting that Sharon dons Phyllis lingerie scene to shame. I would SO take her there.

• Members

Michelle would have to act and bring her "A" game every day. Because it starts with Jill & Ashley. That's right Michelle is stuck in scenes with Jess and Eileen. Day after day. And Jill sees her as this younger version of Kay and embarks on a quest to figure out all she's done. And Avery is right there with them. Jessica, Jess, Eileen, and Michelle. Day in and day out. Peter and Christian wouldn't share a scene with her for weeks until Jill has already started to break her and it's too late. No freebies.

And this sick, sordid past that she has been hiding for 15 years is revealed one by one. To ALL of her friends and foes. Diane is smart again (and probably Alex Donnely). Maura is back as someone of her own but just another cat prowling around her. Kimberlin and finally....

Rowell. Then the Bug and Nina gets in the thick of it and Nikki's up to her heels in it. And Stable Sharon gets to sort of watch and be her only talk to.

My own "No Exit" for Phyllis Sommers.

• Members

General Hospital:

The biggest problem with General Hospital is that there is no balance. They have a very talented cast, but they choose to use only the same few people over and over. Therefore, I would first re-establish a sense of balance to the show. First order of business? Sonny and Jason have got to go. After a shootout at a Zacchara warehouse, Morgan is shot in the arm. He's fine, but it's the final straw for Sonny. He has flashbacks to Michael being shot, Kristina/Morgan/Michael being kidnapped by faith, AJ taking Michael and faking his death, Michael killing Claudia, etc. and decides he has to leave town. He makes arrangements to take over as the head of the SoLaro crime family in Detroit, whose long-term kingpin has just died. He requests that Jason come with him, but Jason is too attached to the life he has made in Port Charles. On the day that Sonny is scheduled to leave for Detroit, Jason finds out that Anthony has rigged the plane Sonny is on to go down. He rushes to the airport, but is too late: Sonny is already in the air. As Jason runs along the tarmac, attempting to phone the pilot, he is shot in the head and left for dead. The episode ends with Sonny's plane going down. No body is found and we don't know whether or not Sonny is dead.

Jason is rushed to the hospital but is left in a coma. The prognosis is not good, and Patrick tells Sam he most likely will not wake up. Sam finds out that she might be pregnant, but is too scared to take a test. She wants more than anything to be pregnant, and thinks that a baby could be a strong enough symbol to bring Jason out of the coma. Monica and Sam grow closer, and she convinces Sam to take the test and find out. Sam finds out she is not pregnant, and is broken-hearted. She decides to leave town, and moves to Hawaii, along with Jason, who she has placed in a private-care facility.

Carly is devastated that both Sonny and Jason are essentially dead, and begins making bad business decisions. Olivia attempts to warn her, but Carly is unwilling to listen. Olivia continues to push the issue, and Carly fires her in spite. Olivia decides to return to Bensonhurst. Carly, who continues to make bad financial investments/decisions, flounders even more without Olivia's help. Eventually, she realizes she has run the hotel into a state of financial deprivation, and the bank repossess it. However, the Quartermaine family swoop in just in time and re-purchase the hotel. Carly is left with no money, and is forced to move in with Bobbie, who has just returned to town.

Bobbie's absence for important events is explained as the first order of business. After that, she reclaims her job as Head of Nursing at GH. She changes the nursing department greatly, and is well received by all of the staff, with the exception of Epiphany. The two disagree about several things, however the final straw comes from a scheduling conflict. Epiphany has drawn up the schedule, and Bobbie realizes that Ephiphany has placed Elizabeth with a sensitive patient: A young boy who has been hit by a car. Bobbie orders Piph to change the schedule. Epiphany gives Bobbie several valid reasons why changing the schedule will negatively impact the workday of the other nurses, but Bobbie insists the schedule be changed. Ultimately, Epiphany agrees but instead goes behind her back and leaves the schedule unchanged.

When Bobbie finds out that Epiphany did this, she fires her on the spot. After a series of interviews, she hires a new Head Floor Nurse to replace Epiphany. Tahlia, the new HFN, seems innocent...However, she has a secret. She is somehow related to a Port Charles resident, and she's out for revenge. Several weeks later, Bobbie is forced to rehire Epiphany, after the board rules her firing unjust. Bobbie, who is extremely happy with Tahlia's work, decides to make Tahlia and Epiphany Co-Head-Floor-Nurses. Tahlia continues to have everyone fooled, except for Epiphany. Bobbie, and the rest of the GH staff, play Epiphany's accusations against Tahlia off as jealousy, and pay them no heed. However, Tahlia really is up to no good....And a huge, hospital-wide scandal ensues.

After ELQ (falsely) comes under fire for shady business dealings, Edward fires Tracy as CEO and brings Skye on board. This angers Tracy, and she vows to get revenge on both Edward and Skye. Meanwhile, she decides to launch her own empire, proving that she doesn't need daddy to be successful. Not only does she purchase Crimson Magazine, but also re-launches L&B Records, bringing BrookLynn back to town as the acting CEO.

Laura returns to town, and wreaks havoc on Tracy/Luke's marriage. Laura shows no interest in reuniting with Luke. Luke swears he only has eyes for Tracy, but Tracy can tell he is drawn towards Laura. Tracy accuses Laura of returning to town with ulterior motives. Laura denies this, but Tracy does some digging and finds an explosive secret. However, before she can blow Laura out of the water, Lesley Webber intervenes to protect her daughter and a fantastic Lesley vs. Tracy feud ensues.

Those are just my beginning ideas to get the show back on track.

• Members

Is Johnny involved in the Zacchara warehouse shootout? If so, I certainly hope he is not a casualty! mad.gifwink.png

Great ideas...I think that is actually a perfect way to usher out Sonny & leave it open for him to maybe come back in the future. I actually like him sometimes but a lengthy break is desperately needed. I think if he was gone for a long time (like over a year) then suddenly came back out of the blue, if done right & planned out well, it could be really good!

I like Jason sad.png I would actually be sad to see him go but you have another great plan up there. BYE SAM.

LOL! I love how you make Carly broke and cause her to have to turn to her mother! I think that is a pretty clever way to bring Bobbie back. What would Carly do with herself? I think that is also an interesting hospital story idea, who would play Tahlia? ;-P

Ofcourse you get rid of 'Liv mad.gif

• Members

Johnny IS involved, but he doesn't die. In fact, after Morgan is shot, Johnny decides to leave the mob. When his actions indirectly put a child in danger, he re-evaluates his life and decides to go in a new direction.

Sonny could definitely come back, but he would be different. He wouldn't be the same arrogant, misogynistic, womanizing man. He would have changed in his time away. Jason could also come back. That's why I didn't just write that they died. It would definitely leave the door open.

I forgot to mention...Carly either goes back to nursing school or helps Bobbie run Kelly's. As for who would play Tahlia, I'm not sure, but I'm thinking Kimberlin Brown.

OH!, and Liv doesn't necessarily have to leave. I thought about making her the manager of Kelly's or the bartender at Jake's. Then she could be one of those characters who everyone goes to for advice/input. She word work in that arena.

• Members

Some writers are good at organizing a show but have a hard time at about the one year point. A fine example would be Hogan during his time at ATWT as well as Y&R. Both shows were messes but he was able to turn each canvus into a sort of village garnering rave reviews. I almost think they should create a new title for him : Show Re-organizer, and then just move him around as need be.

I would have loved penning ATWT for one year. The show had so much potential. Today, soaps lack both glamour and realism. Instead, we just see the same played out tricks and plot twists day after day. In part, the genre failed because it failed to evolve at the same pace as prime time drama.

• Members

I would totally focus my main story on Sami Brady - now before everyone syas thank god this isnt happening, JP, I would do so to ultimantly send her off for a bit, rest the character, repair the damage, and bring her back.

I would start with Rafe being murdered. Sami and everyone of course blame EJ, and with reason. It was a hot man who took him out, of course, but they all suspect EJ was the one who hired him. Bo, Roman, and the salem PD try to pin it on the dimeras and find some evidence and prematurly charge EJ. At the trial Sami takes the stand as to his motive and tells of all EJ has done to her over the years - the rape, the kidnapping, the blackmailing, rafe 2, everything. After that Marlena goes to Sami and urges her to go to therapy and get some help dealing with everything shes just buried, going back to her teen years. Sami refuses, saying she is fine but Marlena worries she might lose it. During all of this, it comes out that Will is gay and when asked why he didnt tell Sami, he tells her that he didnt want to burden her with more and this is how hes felt his whole life. Austin is there for her during this time, and Carrie starts to worry about Sami relying to much on him and going back to her old ways. During the trial EJ's lawyer brings up some stuff about Rafe that Sami didnt know. Some shady deals, trouble in his teens and 20's, etc.. Between dealing with Rafe's death, EJ's trial, Carrie/Austin, Marlenas pressure to seek help, Will's coming out, and the twins acting out and being trouble, along with a toddler running around, trying to be there for gabi now that Rafe is done, and stuff she didnt know about coming out about rafe she is starting to lose it. When EJ is found not guilty, she snaps and goes to see him at his house, much like last year when she shot him. she pulls out a gun and he mentions it being like last time. He goes to talk to her, but she shoots him - putting him in a coma. When Stefano, kate come down she tells them she did it and tells the police the same story. She is then out on trial but found to be insane and sent away for some help. So now rafe is dead, EJ is ina coma (and off screen), and Sami is in the mental ward (and off screen).

During all of this I would of course have other stuff going on-

Will and Sonny would be in a relationship. Will is dealing with coming to terms with it and being out. His friends are supportive, but his mother is insane now (legally anyways, shes always been not there..), Marlena and John are supportive, but Roman and Caroline seem uneasy by it tho they try to mask it. It really gets to him tho and Bo notices so he takes him out for some drinks and a talk. He tells him that for them, and sort of himself included, they are just surprised, not sure how to act, etc and Will tells him that he thinks its the religious factor. Bo admits that his brother and mother may see it as an issue but assure him that they all love him and just need a little time to adjust. Chad arrives and Bo leaves, Chad and Will get drunk and Chad asks will about being gay. They end up in a kiss that shakes both of them, and their friendship. Is there more there? is chad gay? and they both hate that this would hurt Sonny and Abby.

Lucas has also returned to town to take care of Ali and split time with Johnny and Sydney with Nicole. The two find that they actually make pretty good co-parents and talk about their past. They agree that they should become friends with benefits, and have a little fun with eachother. But everyone knows this can never end well..

Bo and Hope have got everything they could want and are happy now. But not all is bliss. Doug has cancer and it isnt looking well. Hope and Julie are there for him, and Bo is strong for them. Nothing could break their family unit up until Shane returns to town in the middle of the night and tells Bo he needs his help. A mutual friend is in danger and they were working off the ISA grid so he cant really ask them for help right now. He tells Bo this is all he can tell him until he goes with him, if he will. Hope tells Bo to go and that she trusts him and had a strong support system here. Bo agrees to go and the two leave after Shane tells Bo he wont be gone for more than maybe two weeks. On the flight over seas Shane tells bo the friend in danger is Billie, that she joined the ISA years ago and she kept her title at Basic Black for cover reasons only. Bo is shocked he didnt know this and asks if Chelsea is ok. Shane says yes, that she isnt involved but worries the people against them might go after her for leverage to get Billie to talk. Billie is being held prisoner in a abandoned castle in italy. It is isolated, has only a handful of guards - but they are well trained. he already has a plan to get in and get her out. The two and Shane's team make it the bunker, and fight their way to Billie. Bo and Shane get to her and get her out but their plane has been destroyed and are stuck in Italy and on the run. Back in Salem Hope gets worried and tells Julie what little she knows. Julie tells her to go find a way to go after him and that with all the family back in town she has enough support for now. Hope turns to John, who now that he has been able to walk again for months is ready to get out and there and do something. He tells her the ISA has no record of Shane on an active case for years but finds out his plane landed in Italy. The two take off in hopes of saving Bo and Shane, but when they land where Shane's plane did they are taken prisoner and are further shocked when they over hear the guard mention the last name of Toscano.

Bill and Laura Horton return to town after learning of Doug's cancer. When they organize a family dinner - involving themselves, Lucas, Jennifer, Doug, Julie, Hope (before she leaves), Maggie, Sarah, Melissa, and Will along with their dates everyone assumes they have gotten back together, but they make sure everyone knows they are just friends. Julie and Maggie know Laura wants Bill as more than a friend tho... but Bill has his eyes set on his ex, Kate and wont let Stefano stand in his way...

Maggie is happy when Sarah Horton moves back to Salem. Sarah, a lawyer, takes over Mickeys practice (that has just been being maintained by his team). She also runs into her old friend from college - Madison. But this isnt a happy reunion at all as Sarah slept with Madisons fiance. Madison is with Brady and happy now, but she isnr sure she can ever forgive Sarah for what she did. The matter is further complicated when Titan, facing fiancnial issues, lets go of its house legal team and signs a contract with Sarah's firm and she is assigned their cases - meaning she and Brady will be working closely. Madison, who is friends with Melanie via Brady, tells her about the issues and her worries. Melanie assures her that from what shes heard Sarah is a good person and what she did in college was likely a mistake. But Sarah shows her true colors when she offers Madisons ex a job and brings him to Salem. Melanie shared this with Maggie, who cant believe her daughter might not be as nice as she thought, but Victor - who doesnt approve of Masion and Brady - is determed to help Sarah take him away.

Sarah isnt Maggie's only kid that returns, melissa comes home following a break up and soon finds herself and her old friend jennifer catching up like no time has passed. Shes surprised to hear that Jen didnt go right back to jack after he came back to town, but is happy they are together now. She meets Daniel and the two hit it off and start dating - when she realizes this was Jennifer's daniel, and melanies father she is torn over what to do. Maggie tells her to give it a shot, that love can be found in unexpected places and that jen will understand.

The drama in Maggie;s life isnt just with her returning daughters tho, She and Victor are happy together and she and her old best friend Marlena are as close as ever. John and Victor even get along now and have come together to help keep brady clean and sober. However the two women are thrown for a loop when an old flame niether have heard from in decades calls Marlena. Don craig needs help, his daughter's husband died and she spiraled into addiction so he took his grandson but knows he needs to see a therapist however none have worked. Marlena agrees to treat him and Don moves back to try and give him a better life. Marlena is surprised when she sees the twenty year old, as she expected a kid. Don explains that they are all eachother has left and Marlena makes her mission to help him with his emotional issues as well as help son get him into treatment for his substance issues. John had heard of Don but not much, and while he isnt worries about Marlena leaving him or cheating he isnt okay with all the time Marlena is spending with him. Marlena explains that if the cases were reversed, this could be her and Will who need the help after everything with Sami. Maggie is also there for Don, and Don decides to go after her even tho she is with Victor.

Melanie is caught in a bad situation she isnt sure she wants out of as much as she should when she finds herself and her married professor in an affair. He painted a not so nice picture of his wife and she uses this to justify it. But when she gets a promotion at the hospital and finds herself working for his wife, she comes to see that maybe He is the bad guy in all of this. She wants to break it off, but it wont be easy.

• Administrator

6 months is too short of a period for me, so I'm thinking about multiple years here. LOL

I won't type up everything right now because I don't have everything in detail yet but here's are the bullet points:

Abby/Chad/Melanie/"Sebastian Foxworth": Abby/Chad breakup. Chad/Melanie start their story in Chicago where there's fun and danger. At first, they're just friends but naturally, there's attraction. They run into "Sebastian Foxworth" who used to date Melanie in Europe. He causes trouble for Chad/Melanie. Once Chad/Melanie are back in Salem, Abby comes into play and starts scheming to break up Chad/Melanie. "Sebastian" shows up in Salem. He crashes a Sonny's birthday party. It's revealed that he's Sonny's brother, Joseph (or Victor II). Abby/Joseph work together to break up Chad/Melanie and we continue the Dimera/Kiriakis rivalry.

Veronica Payne/Jack/Jen/Daniel: Jen chooses Jack, but Abby sabotages that, so Jen eventually chooses Daniel. Jack's starts seeing Veronica Payne who is a new reporter in town. Veronica is a bit "off" but that is slowly shown. Daniel/Jen get engaged. Jen/Jack have a one-night-stand and it's caught on tape. Daniel finds out about the tape but doesn't tell Jen he knows. Daniel/Veronica sleep with each other. Daniel/Jen get married. Veronica/Jen get pregnant. Yup, it's a baby switch and Who's the Daddy. Daniel finds out that he's the father of Veronica's baby and Jack is the father of Jen's baby. Daniel switches the amnio tests and then eventually switches the babies at birth so he can raise his biological son. Veronica finds out that that Daniel switched Jen's paternity results (but doesn't find out the whole truth that he also switched babies). There's a showdown between Veronica/Daniel on a cliff and Daniel lets her fall of the cliff. She's presumed dead and doesn't return for at least 6-12 months. I don't want the truth about the baby switch to come out until when they're like 4-5 years old - that way we can deal with how it impacts the two kids.

4 Marlena Clones/Marlena/John/Stefano: We start seeing someone follow Marlena, John and two people following Stefano. Mysterious things are being left for Stefano and he's also getting mysterious phone calls. Marlena's twin "Samantha" gets into an accident and has "amnesia". Marlena convinces "Samantha" to come live with her because she wants to help her sister regain her memory. "Samantha" develops a crush on John. We see "Samantha" talking to someone over the phone - they're making sure she follows the plan. "Samantha" is called to a meeting....when she gets there, the person who she was talking to over the phone is revealed to be another Marlena and at the same time, we see an unconscious Stefano being wheeled in by the other 2 Marlenas! Other stuff starts to happen...haven't thought of it yet. But eventually, the 4 Marlenas are exposed, the real Samantha is saved, Stefano is also saved but causes a fire that kills 3 Marlena Clones, but the 4th clone escapes, the one that has the crush on John. So months pass by (we're in year 2 now) and the 4th Marlena clone returns - she wants John and wants revenge on Stefano and Marlena. She holds John hostage trying to make him love her. At the same time, she shoots Stefano (he's in a coma but is not killed) and frames Marlena. Marlena is arrested and is put on trial for attempted murder - John watches all of this on television but can't do anything about it. During the trial, we revisit all of Marlena and Stefano's history and of course there's a ton of flashbacks. Marlena is sentenced to death when Stefano "dies" (we see someone inject something into Stefaon's IV bag). John escapes, knocks out Marlena Clone, rushes to the prison in time to save Marlena. Before Marlena Clone is sent off to prison, she tells John and Marlena, "You think I did this alone?" Year 3: the return of Kristen.

This is stuff we've seen before but I do think long term stories with lots of build up to big revelations and rescues can bring up the ratings. Like Jim Reilly, I'm using Marlena in an outlandish story that puts her front and center - ratings should go up. I've always wanted to see the 4 Marlena Clones that Stefano sent out during the Possession story to come back. Also, it's proven that baby switches also bring up the ratings. Abby becomes my young Sami Brady - the schemer who comes between Chad/Melanie and Jack/Jen (so in this way, it's the opposite of Sami) - we build up to her big downfall.

Can't think of any storylines for the other characters right now. LOL

Archived