If your favorite Soap allowed you to be head writer for 6 months..what stories would you plan out.

• Members

So i find the new writting team on Days to be a total bore so far. I not not getting into any of the stories, so i got a question for everyone. If your favorite Soap gave you the job of being head writer for 6 months, what would you have plan for it. Here are some for Days..

Revenge:

A serial attacker arrives in Salem to terrorize the residents. Every victim the attackers get, a letter is left next to the victim stating "revenge". The first victim is John Black whom is attacked at his home which causes him to not able to walk once again. The second victim ends up being Daniel Jonas whom dies from a gun shot to the heart while being called to a false emergency. The third victim is Rafe whom goes into a coma after being hit by a car. Rafe after 4 months, the doctors inform Sami that he has no chance of every coming out of it. Sami, has to come to terms with pulling the plug or keeping him alive. Sami finally comes to terms and decides to pull the plug on Rafe knowing that is what he would want and not to keeping having his love ones suffering. EJ while running for Mayor (kind of like that idea), holds a public meeting to talk to the residents of Salem, but the ligths go out and the word Revenge is painted in blood on the wall. Ej, Jack, Jenn, Marlena, and many others start receiving txts with the word revenge. The fourth victim is Stefano Dimera when he is injected with with poison which puts him into a month long coma, but comes out of it. However with Stefano being attacked, a different letter is left next to him, saying "This is what you made us become". Jennifer and Jack return to the Salem Spector due to all all these crimes to investigate whom is hurting the residents of Salem. While working a late night Jennifer is attacked but fights off the attacker, Jennifer cant id the attacker, but knows its a man. The couple receives a distubring call from JJ's school stating that he has been missing for a few days. A week after, Marlena is the final victim, while taking a bath a body comes hovering over her and tries to strangle her. Marlena fights the attacker off and takes the mask off to see its Kristen Blake. Marlena and Kristen fight and Kristen is struck across the head. While in the hospital everyone is suprise that the attacker is Kristen. Jack and Jennifer that night receive a call from JJ that he is at the hospital and they need to talk. The couple rushes to the Hospital where they see JJ next to Kristen body and the lights turn off and when they come back on a man with a gun is behind JJ and reveals to everyone its Peter Blake. Peter goes on and tells everyone that he and Kristen have come back to get revenge on everyone in Salem that hurt them. Jack seeing a chance goes after Peter and a gun shot is fired where Peter is shot and killed and JJ is wounded. After a few days Kristen awakes and during the trial is sent to prison for the rest of her life, but on the day she is suppose to go, she dissapears and we see the final scene with Stefano, EJ, and Kristen saying a goodbye on a private jet.

This is a just a one of the story ideas i would have given 6 months. Others would be Marlena and Will and his coming out story and Jack and Jenn with the newspaper with them doing another story which would involve Tommy Horton and Scott Banning and Austin and Carrie and Kates Sister.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On days:

EJ wins the mayor race causing a rift between Lexie and Abe. The two decide to go their separate ways and soon Lexie becomes EJ's right hand woman as mayor making Stefano proud.

Jenn chooses Daniel and Jack starts to work for the paper again. Jack and Nicole work together and end up becoming good friends. They start to investigate money problems in the towns funds. EJ blames Abe for this and says he is trying to work on them. Nicole learns EJ is stealing the money and decides to keep it a secret and trick Jack off the case.

Rafe and Sami start to disconnect after they realize they do not truly know each other. Rafe finds solace in Carrie and Sami starts to fall apart. With Stable Rafe drifting away and her Son not knowing herself Sami finds herself with EJ and soon Ej and Sami are on a whirlwind date just to please those damn EJamiers. heh.

Will starts to develop attraction for males and doesnt quite understand why. This continues for awhile and since he knows he cannot talk to the old school catholic brady's about this he turns to Grandma Marlena who starts to talk him through all of this. He then talks to Sonny about this and that is where the two develop a crush on each other. Eventually the two kiss and when Gabby finds them embracing she is hurt and starts to tell everyone that Will is gay. The Brady family thinks this is a phase even Sami which makes Will second guesses everything about himself. He is torn and falls into depression. Sonny wants him to accept himself for who he is but because of his family he cannot seem to do this. He boards a plane to Europe and ends up on his fathers doorstep.

With Sami ending things with Rafe. Rafe starts to paint Sami as the bad guy and her family cannot understand why she would dump the person who has stabilized her. She realizes that her family has never accepted her for who she is and knows that she needs to accept Will for who he is.

Lucas helps his son out and tries to get Will to accept himself. Will decides his father is right and Will and Lucas return to Salem. While Will was gone though Sonny has started to date another guy creating Angst for Sonny and Will who is now happy with who he is.

It turns out Orpheus was setting up John to get one final revenge on John. John, Bo, Hope and Marlena are off searching for Orpheus to find him so John doesnt go to prison for this. They find Orpheus but he gets away. Orpheus wants to kill John but ends up killing Austin by accident. Sending Carrie finding comfort in Rafe. Eventually Orpheus is nabbed.

John Thomas returns to Salem after Glenn and Barb die. Bo and Hope happily take him back in but JT is a troubled teen into drugs.

With Sami and EJ back to back to being back and forth. Nicole is not pleased. Lucas meanwhile realizes Nicole has a serious drinking problem and decides to do his best to help her even though she is sure she does not have a problem. Lucas ends up helping her setting up Lucole...

Abe and Roman are onto EJ stealing funds from the town. Lexie has found out but Stefano and EJ have talked her into helping. When Abe and Roman discover the truth about EJ he is arrested. When Abe finds out Lexie was helping he has a heart attack and dies. Lexie feels responsible for Abes death and blames herself. She washes her hands of her family but also realizes she has no friends left after Abes death. She finds a helping hand and love interest in the most unlikely of places. Someone who also feels like he has nothing left after everyone has washed their hands of him. She finds the welcoming arms in Jack......

hehehe idk. But I would try and be as character driven as possible. Something we def wont see on Days.

• Members

Might as well continue since I already wrote a novel for the others.

Kate realizes Stefano is still obsessed with Marlena causing distress.

Brady and Madison? Yeah idk

And Melanie dies in a horrific car accident with a crying Gabi driving after she loses Will.

Fin. lol

• Members

Here are some snippets of what I would do...

Tragedy strikes on an icy winter night when two cars collide in a horrific crash. One is driven by Melanie, and the other is driven by her father, Dr. Tan. Both are distraught over being dumped by their "significant" others and step on the brakes too late upon seeing each other's headlights. Icy roads causes the fatal impact, killing both in a blinding and deafening display of screeching metal and skyrocketing flames.

Her relapse into alcoholism drives a wedge between her and Victor, who has no idea that she has fallen off the wagon, and instead believes she doesn't love him anymore. He focuses all energy into revitalizing Titan. On his agenda: ousting Brady once and for all and retaking the reins of power from him. He drops MadWorld and forms an unlikely business alliance with Kate, and the two team up to take down Brady and Madison in an epic corporate battle.

During John's trial, Carrie discovers video footage of a mystery woman who not so coincidentally appears at every location as John during his supposed criminal activities. She and Rafe, still unemployed but determined to help John, team up and after much investigation, discover that the woman in question is the long missing, revenge seeking Kristen DiMera, who has orchestrated the entire embezzlement scheme to make John and Marlena suffer.Unfortunately, the two get too close for comfort when they confront Kristen and a violent altercation leaves both Carrie and Rafe shot and left for dead. Both are rushed to the hospital, but only Carrie survives, albeit barely. Carrie wakes up from an induced coma a changed person. She is no longer the nice girl she always was...

John is cleared of all charges when Kristen is discovered alive and well, but due to shady backdoor dealings, Ms. DiMera walks free. Stefano is elated to see his daugher, and Kristen forces a smile. Stefano does not know that Kristen not only vowed revenge on John for wronging her, but also on him for giving up the search for her, and for believing that Susan was his daughter. This time, Stefano will be the victim, and Kristen will become the mastermind of his suffering.

EJole reunite...

Will comes out, but to his dismay, Sami reacts poorly and has a hard time being around him. He moves in with Justin and Adrienne, who welcome him with open arms and know what he is going through. While under the same roof with Sonny, they bond over time, and share their first kiss at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.

Gabby becomes unhinged when Will comes out as gay and shows signs of psychosis. After several failed attempts to "win" Will back, she has a complete breakdown and is shipped off to a mental hospital near her mother.

I have more but that's a quick rundown smile.png

• Members

Why is alla bout Days? I say its very unfair to judge this new team at Days. WAY TOO SOON. After Nov sweeps would be a better time. It takes time for a new writer to gt the feel of the character, and get his or her stories doing. It doesn't happen over night. It takes time.

But anyway give me Y&R. The first thing I would do is write out like a dozen characters in one big ass accident of some kind. It would send a message to fans that I would not be playing games and I am going to FIX Y&R. That's first thing at Y&R. Second Victor would spend time in jail and become a recurring player for an entire year. Recast Victoria, bring back Dru. And stop making Sharon a dumb hoe.

• Members

Amend. Me either. But I would start with those casting changes. In fact I've asked so many people to do a Y&R fan fic with me. And it seems to always fall through but this time I guess I'ma go it alone. Cuz' I know I can do it. THough it's very intimidating due to the MAB mess. Literally she has ruined that show.

• Members

Unfortunately my favorite was cancelled :(

But....with DAYS, just a few key points:

Bring back Bill, Laura, Billie, Sarah, Anjelica, and Lucas.

Pen a Chad and Will romance, with Chad being bisexual.

Sonny's storyline would consist of him falling possibly for his professor at Salem University, a rocky relationship that could send him in Will's direction; thus leading to a Abby/Chad/Will/Sonny romantic quad.

Send Jack into Nicole's direction romantically.

Buh bye Daniel and Melanie...

Archived