OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 17

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no conflict whatsoever with Blair as she was jumping in his arms without even exploring their huge trust issues. There's no doubt they'll hit the sack soon and have another yawn wash, rinse, repeat wedding. RC needed to completely change their dynamic.

Starr is hero-worshipping him to an obnoxious extent and back to a shallow partner in crime. That never worked for me when she was 10 let alone now that she is 19-20 mother.

Viki suffers from TSJ=evil, RH=saint syndrome that lacks any compelling shades of gray.

Todd's most interesting relationships have been with Téa and Jack because there is so much FRESH conflict to play out there.

After yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised how RH stepped up today and played a more adult, grief-stricken MAN.

His scenes with Téa were riveting because after working so hard to convince her he's innocent, guilt now underlays every word he says to her. He also finally acknowledged a by product of his return was her life is in ruins and he was wrong to push her to represent him. This is not the old Todd and Téa dynamic because she's not swooning over him and is the one holding herself at an emotional distance. Jack being older gets to call out his father for the dead baby lie and present a son who has become the worst of both parents for RH to play off.

• Members

David Gregory and John Loprieno wink.png I always thought DG resembled him so it was good to see them in a scene together

Cord and Tina....love that he is being so great with her. Love the talk of raising the kids together. If they dont stay on the show, I hope that they leave town together. LOL at her saying that the DNA could have been a deed to a diamond shaft. Oh Tina!

Nora has ANOTHER case fall apart on her? She's the worst DA this town has had

Ugh! I was right about FF and her having amnesia. She has amnesia but remembers Rex?

Aubrey....she is BEYOND useless. Get rid of her already

• Members

When John Loprieno was that age he was genuinely boyish looking yet also very handsome. David Gregory always looks like he's melting. His head also doesn't really match the rest of his body. He reminds me of that Billy Warlock movie where the rich people melted into goo.

I know that's mean but after the two years of his being called the big stud of OLTL I can't help it.

• Members

Presuming she can "act" ambiguous or anything else was the first mistake.

I keep hearing how "riveting" Todd's scenes with Tea are and I guess there's some confusion for me. I feel more like I'm being nailgunned to a water board and prepped for torture than "riveted". I don't find Todd's guilt very interesting at all, and his manipulation of Tea just underlies what I'd long forgotten about their relationship and it's seediness. And that is hardly fresh. And that's not a recommendation for more TnB either. I've discovered that I long for more scenes with Todd and Viki, Todd and Tina, Todd and Jessica, Todd and Natalie, Todd and John and most of all, Todd and Starr, Daniella, Jack, Sam. This fixation on Todd and Tea isn't serving the story or the show very well IMO.

• Members

Hey, I read here how riveting those T&B cabin scenes were and so epic and I yawned myself. So I fully acknowledge one person's riveting can be another person's snooze button.

I actually agree with you that RH had been manipulating Téa since his return. The church scenes I wanted her to slap his face off again for that obvious manipulation and again when he used Dani to get to her. But then I saw RH using and manipulating Starr far worse and Blair and Viki onto his side, too. He's been a whining, childish manipulator.

However, starting last Friday I felt a change. He was sincere in telling Téa she's always been there for him and he wanted to help her find the killer. Then he had the flashback and became an emotional basketcase. I saw a guilt-ridden man try to come clean today and he couldn't bring himself to take the risk and lose her... and it's not his lawyer he fears losing but his champion and BFF.

Since I don't see any spoilers that RH comes clean with Blair, Viki, or Starr, then he's going to LIE to them too.... ho hum he'll start yet another reunion/wedding with Blair with an ugly secret hanging over his head.

As for the RH and FL scenes, I believe you have to consider FL is serving dual roles. She's the voice of Téa and her long complicated history with RH and also the voice of mia TSJ. In that latter capacity she was bound to get the most conflict with RH and most meat of the story. You can blame ABC who refused TSJ's offer to stay until the end.

Archived