Apple Founder Steve Jobs has died...

Wendy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

May he rest in peace after suffering for so long. Although he was sick, I am surprised that he died so soon after he announced he was stepping down. (I acknowledge that I really haven't been following this situation that closely; perhaps if I had been, I would not be so shocked.)

Although this may seem cold, my thoughts are not just with Jobs and his family at this moment. I also worry about Apple's employees and other stakeholders, because their fortunes could take a huge turn for the worse now that Jobs has died. (In the past, the marketplace has always believe that Jobs had the Midas touch and was the only person who could lead Apple; the company always experienced periods of decline whenever he had to temporarily step down.)

• Members

So true. The company suffered when he was "fired" the first time and he went off then successfully started Pixar and made a ton of money and successful animated movies(FYI It was Eisner who screwed up the relationship Disney had with Pixar). It was the iPod that changed things significantly for Apple again, then the iPhone and the iPad and that was all Jobs and his vision. While Microsoft has been the marketing engine, Apple has always played the role of innovator in a way. People forget Windows was a Steve Jobs concept Microsoft leveraged. I think i will sort of look at him almost as the Thomas Edison of this generation. Its sad. He still had so many vibrant years ahead of him certainly personally but also creatively.

Archived