AMC: The first stars to sign on for the online version are...

Wendy

• Members

My first reaction to this news was, "Now we REALLY need Susan to sign on" as my biggest fear is that PP will follow ABC's lead of trying to make CM the *other* face of AMC. I'm hopeful that the fresh eyes over at PP can make some objective decisions in terms of what the show needs, what's working and what's not, what needs to be attempted. I don't want them to catch hell like Linda Gottlieb did for trying to reinvent/rework/revitalize, nor do I want them to lose sight of the show's history and what's made it special... but what does that really even mean anymore? Born, bred, and baptized soap folks have already done that on their watch. Well, looking forward to more casting news. I remain optimistic. The biggest losses here will be in terms of cast (e.g., Debbi) anyway.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know that Ryan needs to be as dominating as he has been over the past 10 years but I do think LB's writing has helped him not be so offputting. I still don't think Ryan is necessary, but hes not an overbearing presence provided they get him off that damn pedestal. He could be likable again if they get him away from the usual suspects. Watching him with Gillian I remembered a time I actually liked him. And as far as leading men hes not the only one this show has pimped for years. Ryan and Zach are like the Jason and Sonny of Pine Valley.

• Members

Nearly all of Ryan's pairings have been popular with AMC audiences. Gillian, Kendell, Annie and Madison all received popular feedback from viewers. It's only his pairing with Greenlee that has been dead on arrival for years. Even if you don't like him it's hard to deny his success rate for his couples and pairings. He is a strong romantic lead. As to Ryan being a strong dramatic lead of course he isn't.

• Members

Correction: Brooke/JB isn't on the show anymore save for this week's "special guest star" return. :)

Seriously, though, can you see JB relocating to NYC (b/c let's forget about PP relocating the show to NYC)? Because I can't. I'd love to see it, but I can't.

• Members

Is that you, Mom? :P

But seriously, deep down, I always -- always -- want the best to happen, but I use the glass-half-empty mentality (even when I'm sure I'm not wrong and something will turn out good) as a defense mechanism because I want to be prepared for the possibility that a negative outcome could occur.

Archived