Secrets of Midland Heights

Paul Raven

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Secrets had a lot of Peyton Place in it. Bibi Besch played a sort of Constance Mackenzie character, a single mother with a winsome daughter, first played by Linda Grovenor(sp) in the pilot, and then by Marilyn Jones. Linda G. was beloved by the creator of the show and then she just up and quit show biz, but Jones made Holly Wheeler her own.

Loved the evil Jordan Christopher as Guy Millington. I thought the character had an early gay vibe.

• Members

It looks like Linda started acting again in the mid-80s, at least briefly; I wonder why she dropped out.

I wonder if they had to fight to cast Jordan Christopher, since he didn't seem to have a lot of TV background.

Did you prefer this to King's Crossing?

I wonder why the show didn't work with viewers.

• Members

I could not get into Kings Crossing. There was a DS vibe to this one, with a 'tower room' that housed Doran Clark's character. I forget wha the 'big secret' was. LInda Hamilton and Marilyn Jones played sisters in this one, and while I always liked Mary Frann she seemed too young to be playing the mother. Again, a great cast but maybe too much Nancy Drew?? Plus ABC did not have a great track record at that time of keeping serial type shows on the air long. Rich Man Poor Man Book Two WAS a soap and I enjoyed that, but they did not give it a proper chance.

Archived