GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Yeah, the two Pierce's on the same network and similar time period align with that.  So I think Bradley White played the part initially then Youngblood may have been the recast briefly and we moved on to Tuc Watkins.  Wiki says Dorman had ties with Damian as well and I don't recall that at all.  

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’ve finally watched the entire September 2016! That month felt like a whole sweeps and i was sucking it up!

Sam/Jason (Drew) got married.

The Julian story came to a climax. His trial started and Alexis and the whole case fell apart and Julian got free. But oh god I forgot how annoying Julian was during all of this. He really thought he could just walk back into his old life and pick it up with everyone. I can’t believe that there were still people who wanted Julexis back. That’s insane man!

Hayden-Elizabeth got revealed to be half-sisters. That whole plot was handled well to be fair. The serial killer plot put Liz in danger and everyone thought Hayden pushed her down the stairs. I loved how Finn-Curtis helped her out and cleared her name. Hayden saved Liz life and spent her rare blood she shared with Liz. Good stuff, good stuff.

The serial killer story. I said it before and I’m saying it again: it was a half asses story. This serial killer story went on for nearly a year and they just picked up the space coz Burgi/Paul was leaving the show for primetime. But I’ll do admit that it became entertaining.

if there was ever an actress on GH who was phoning it in and wanted out of this show than it is Teresa Castillo as Sabrina. She kinda used her maternity leave and returned and still just made it to 28 episodes between January til September. Crazy lol BUT they handled her death and murder pretty well. Damn I cried my eyes out and was in shock when Paul killed Sabrina and she became the next victim after attacking Monica and getting figured out by Sabrina. Heavy stuff. But u could tell Burgi was out the show coz he became sloppy. The Susan Hornsby reveal and why Paul did the killings were so last minute coz the actor was out on his way lol Tracy figuring her ex husband out and having a one on one with him was epic. Anna returning and figuring out that Paul was the killer in 1 episode was so half assed lol But the final showdown in September was Anna finding Tracy and Paul and Dillon entering the scene where he tried to kill Tracy. I had goosebumps. I liked Burgi as Paul Hornsby and think he wasn’t a bad recast. He wasn’t even bad written but it could’ve been handled a bit better or with a little bit more time. I still enjoyed the serial killer story in September!

And we got the Nathan-Claudette-Griffin-Maxie story back up front and Claudette revealing that she has a daughter “Charlotte” and that it’s hers with Nathan. I don’t know why but I didn’t mind this story but didn’t care for it either tbh.

Morgan having a go with Julian was one of my personal favorites too. U could tell he’s like his father. But Morgan being back in school and then cheating? Bruh what a lame ass story lol 

• Members

The May 1995 episode is a great find from the Labine era.  I've seen that mob shooting montage itself—which, unlike any number throughout the late '90s and '00s, involved characters who were genuinely trying to extricate themselves from that kind of life of violence, and the emotion was earned—a number of times over the years.  But I'm not sure the full episode has seen the light of day in almost 30 years. 

Although the shooting happened at night, the show opened with everyone waking up/eating breakfast, and various characters dropped in briefly throughout the day without necessarily appearing in all or most of the acts: Lucy only showed up mid-episode/midday for an ELQ board meeting (that was indirectly related to the mob war), early Emily talked about A Wrinkle in Time and her other favorite books, and Bobbie was in just one scene: doing a good deed for Emily's dying mother, Paige, out of friendship to Monica.  In fact, there were a number of fairly extended scenes between friends: Monica/Paige, Mac/Felicia (who were broken up at this point and years away from a reconciliation), and Brenda/Robin. 

This episode also featured the full end credits, including non-contract players.  Some soap marginalia: Larry Lau, presumably the same actor who had played Greg on AMC, was credited as a coroner (I'm at a loss as to what story at this time that would have involved).  Also, "Sonny's guy" was played by Mike Sabitino.  My guess is this wasn't the '90s soap hopper Michael Sabatino (and Crystal Chappell's husband), who probably would have merited a character with a name at that point in his daytime career, but I can't find any actor on IMDB who spelled their name that way.  Most likely this was the Mike Sabatino with a number of '90s credits, including that summer's (in)famous Batman Forever.

• Members

I am pretty sure it's May 12, 1995 and @DeliaIrisFan is referring to the Lullaby Massacre where Luke/Laura's house, Luke's club, and Sonny's apartment get shot up while Laura is singing a lullaby to baby Lulu.  

That channel has the full episode, which I have never seen and is a rare gem, but the actual ending montage is pretty famous because Brenda gets shot at in the shower and Stone gets shot leading him to tell Robin he has AIDS and has been circulating around for years.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

No, not this particular episode.  I was pretty young and was honing my vcr skills at the time lol.  I have of course seen the edits of this a million times though.  I think this is a great montage, but if I was ranking mob related montages I would have Clink Boom and Amazing Grace ahead of it.