GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish we could see those episodes.  I would kill to see the first 6 months of Monty/Marland as well.

Didn’t Monty redo the sets as the shows were airing, like GH was getting renovated as she was phasing in new sets?

I also would love to see the storm she used to get rid of the characters she wanted gone right away.

• Members

Hmmmm....Laura and Scotty in the shed was pre-Monty during the September storm as far as I know. Is it possible Kin Shriner misremembered? After all, GH was notorious for its axing sprees during the period from 1975 - 78 so I image it would be easy to confuse which producer/writer did what to get rid of who lol.

On a related note, that storm killed off Diana's daughter Martha and introduced both David Hamilton and Nurse Dorrie.

• Members

Susan's murder was fun to watch play out (via YouTube ~25 years later). What I appreciate is that it had ramifications. Alan and Monica ended up with Jason. Jimmy Lee spent the rest of his time in Port Charles fighting for the Qs acceptance. And while all this was going on, Robert and Holly became a genuine couple. Not a bad last hurrah (she had a few months left, but things quieted down afterward) for Robin Mattson's first run as Heather, either.

• Members

In all my YouTube watching, I really like Susan Moore.  I kind of wish she hadn’t been killed, but I don’t see her leaving Jason with the Q’s and coming and going over the years.

I read an interview with Mary O’Brian and she said they tried to get her back but she declined, and then they hired Robin as Heather.  Which makes me think even more that Heather was going to have killed Diana, because Monty hated Mary’s portrayal and would never have wanted her back long term.