GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jessie’s passing wasn’t acknowledge on screen until 1993, when Angie Costello came to GH and asked Dr. Hardy about Jessie.  He confirmed she had passed away.

A moment of silence was observed in 1991:

https://youtu.be/I5Z2XzWovJM

The “So long, Jessie” gives me a lump in my throat whenever I watch it.

Edited by depboy

Episodes 7/1/85 thru 8/30/85. The Aztec Treasure goes on and on. But it's interesting seeing early Anna and Sean as a villain. It's strange seeing GL's Robert Newman in the nothing role of one of Sean's henchmen.

ClassicGH has also upload 5/1/06 thru 5/31/06. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

When Bob Guza and Wendy Riche were in sync with each other, they produced and wrote some of the best GH episodes of all time.  I will never forget the end of the episode before this, when she was grabbed off that bench, and this one.

Bobbie was such a vital part of these scenes, you almost forget what an important part of the show she was.

Ultimately I think they let Lucky go too far in his rage against Luke and Laura.  I especially hated that Lucky got to attack his mother for loving Luke and then they just slowly made up over time, without her really getting to tell him her side of things without him insulting her.  I would really have liked a scene with her standing her ground that didn’t put her down for the sake of Lucky getting to be angry.  Also the entire storyline just became about Luke again.  And it should have been more Laura’s story too.

For those that watched back during Luke’s rape of Laura- was Laura found in the park afterwards too?  I think I read that in a recap once.