OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Members

The question is does Victor even have an inheritance? Everything he and Irene have in terms of funds, they appropriated from Todd. And Irene said Victor had made no arrangements for Victor Jr. in his will. Yes, he should be entitled to some share, but Victor Sr. never accounted for one. Perhaps because he thought Victor was unable to function as his successor - who knows. He clearly has an intellect now. That's an interesting angle for me that they should pick up now and if/when the character returns. He had everything for years, an entire empire. Now he has absolutely nothing. What does he do?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So not only does Victor Jr not remember he was brainwashed into believing he was Todd but RHTodd also doesn't remember he had a twin and was used as a guinea pig so Victor Jr can replicate his memories and entire life.... Seriously?

What was the purpose of RHTodd being held hostage and tortured? And why was Baker initially demanding from him to tell him what he needed to know at the compound before he escaped.

How useful was Victor Jr posing as Todd for the agency when he doesn't even remember? Irene went though all this trouble to create Todd2 and Victor Jr doesn't even remember he was doubling dipping between the agency and his life as Todd. Even now?

And this is why soaps have lost all credibility.

TSJ was screwed.

• Members

I am not surprised he doesn't remember - he's been a brainwashed pawn his whole life. I'm sure they've been reinforcing his programming over and over to erase the financial transfers, or what have you, from his memory. When he finally rebelled, I think that's when Irene decided to eliminate him. But we're not totally sure, and I expect they will clarify this along with what else Irene wanted from Todd.

We can say soaps have no credibility, but the fact is OLTL is beating the hell out of most other soaps on the air and is going to a new media platform in 2012. This story, while ludicrous and silly, is incredibly engaging to watch thanks to the fallout and the performances, and it's kept people's attention in sheer numbers. That can't be denied. I'd rather be watching this OLTL everyday live than what I was barely watching two months ago.

• Members

If I had my druthers, Tea would help Victor see how much he doesn't need Todd's name or money; that he can be his own person, freed from the shackles of his twin brother's turbulent history. Who knows? Maybe he could put whatever skills "Irene" claims he has to use at the police department, working alongside none other than his [!@#$%^&*] buddy nemesis, John McBain...

Then, down the road, I'd pull the old rug once again and prove his mother lied when she said he wasn't really Todd.

• Members

I am really hoping Todd burns that [!@#$%^&*] house down. How any of the women in Todd's life stomached setting foot in it, let alone living in it after Marty, is a mystery to me.

The Sun belongs to Todd. I am sure Victor will use all sorts of creative Lord-style rigmarole to try to keep as much as he can, and I'm sure if TSJ was staying they'd play that out for ages.

Khan, I like the idea of Victor finding a new purpose but at the same time I think this story was originally designed to put him at odds with Todd for years to come, in business, etc, so I think you'd have to keep playing that out. I also have utterly no interest in seeing TSJ re-Todded and the rapemance re-validated. TSJ has always been an innovative actor with a flair for the bizarre - I think this strange new character is right up his alley.

• Members

I agree for the most part. Hopefully now the show moves away from the crazyness and back to the heart of the story.. It's not like on AMC where one month before the show is ending half the episodes are based around people describing to each other how a cardiologist has the powers to bring back people from the dead.

• Members

Again, if I had my druthers: "Irene" held Todd hostage for the past eight years in order to program him to kill Viki and collect an even bigger piece of the Lord family fortune. Of course, Viki will be shocked to learn her best friend is capable of such machinations, but Irene will throw her for a loop - first, by admitting their entire friendship had been a lie; and second, by admitting she really pawned Tina off on her b/c she couldn't stand raising Victor's brat by his own daughter anymore.

Yeah...I said it. Tina is really Viki's daughter. :-)

Which would tie in nicely with the whole train-him-to-kill-Viki idea.

Three words: "Protect your queen."

Ehh.... Perhaps.

• Members

LOL are we watching two different shows? Blair has done nothing but be a prop for both Frodd & Tea for years on end. TnT were destroyed all on their own there's nothing rootable about a man who punches a woman constantly and she gets so turned on by it she wants sex

• Members

That could still happen. There's more than one way to keep Victor and Todd at odds. I just wouldn't want the feud to be either character's sole reason for existence on the canvas.

Not even if I were to promise a big story where Marty returns (w/ or w/o Patrick), faces the music on all the crimes she committed before leaving, and wrestles constantly with a sudden attraction to Todd, who provides her with all sorts of legal, financial and professional help as she defends herself in court, that's explained when it turns out he isn't Todd?

I've a feeling he wouldn't be alone there.

• Members

Ironically, I believe this round of TnT came about the same way RH/FL took off in 1997, a good portion of the audience was really fatigued by T&B and the TnT actors' sizzling chemistry won them over.

Much like GH fans got to the point they could not stand one more round of Sonny and Carly, OLTLers were screaming no no to more T&B. Trevor heard it from his fans all the time so he fought to break Todd free from the rancid T&B merry go round. That's why TIIC flirted with Todd/Evangeline. And I really believe it's why RC brought SH back to do Todd/Marty instead of continuing the yawn inducng T&B part 666. And as sick as T&M were had higher ratings than that T&B's last dud reunion.

Flor wasn't an option as she had turned down ABC offers. Then finally FV offered her a sweet short-term test the waters deal. Todd and Téa hadn't been done since 2002 and not under TSJ. TSJ was very excited about Flor coming onboard b/c he had heard this was the only other Todd pairing fans ever got behind. FV and RC sighed with relief when FL/TSJ took off.

As a Luke and Laura fan, I learned the truism no soap couple lasts forever. I also never expected Flor to ever return so the last 2.5 years have been an unexpected gift.

I get with RH back, TIIC are hoping after a long break the audience fatigue is tamped down and viewers are ready for another round of T&B. As long-time viewer, I know this is OLTL's hottest triangle and it always bounced back and forth.

However, this story and ending is utterly ABSURD when it didn't have to be.

We do agree on one thing. RC was banking on TSJ/FL's big popularity to retain their fanbase after the Un-Todding. RC would be in a horrible situation with Trevor saying no thanks if the show wasn't canceled. As is, he'll weather the storm as it's only a few months and appears he'll milk TSJ's exit for months.

And any IDIOT knows Rex & Gigi were THE annointed pairing the last 2+ years. Not TnT, nor Jolie nor B&N. It was Rex & Gigi that SOD and DC joked were "sacred cows." TnT could and did get trashed for the likes of GT's Kelly. Unfortunately for GT, she had ZILCH chem with TSJ and TIIC moved her onto her next failed chem test with ME.

Archived