DAYS: Special effects and freeze frame endings

• Administrator

There were a couple of elements that I hated about the Princess Gina:

- Stefano was obsessed with art! (really??!...like who cares about stealing art) LOL

- John was never a Priest. He only pretending to be a Priest to steal art. It totally retconned the Possession which pissed my off so much.

- Subsex. Ewwwww

And I'm sure there are more but I blocked it out. LOL

There were two version of Princess Gina. Under SSM, it was Princess Gina in Hope's body and under Langan it was the "real Princess Gina."

The upside of course was seeing Kristian in doubles roles and having her wear sexy outfits and hairstyles. LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVED the Princess Gina saga. I always preferred Kristan Alfonso when she was playing bitchy and OTT over plain old Hope. I thoroughly enjoyed the real Gina in town even though it made no sense..lol

I hated the "skunk" hairdo!

• Members

Toups, who did you vote for in the "who should be the father of Hope's baby?" poll. I voted Stefano.

And yeah, revealing that the real Gina was alive all those years made the entire previous year and a half make no sense. Why did Stefano need to have Hope fill in as Gina for 4 years if the real Gina was alive locked in a turret? It didn't make any sense lol. But Gina posing as Hope was still a good storyline.

As for retconning John's past, I think it's just a rite of passage for Days HWs. You simply aren't a DAYS headwriter until you retcon John's past.

And boo at whoever said they hated the "skunk" -- my favorite Hope hairstyle EVER is the "skunk." And the red hair of Gina posing as Hope was great too. lol they needed to have her have a different hairstyle so we wouldn't all be COMPLETELY confused.

• Administrator

I didn't vote!! I hated Subsex. I don't even remember when Stefano raped Hope's body - was that in the submarine too? I was very happy when Brash & Cwikly rewrote that Mime-Bo (oh Tom Langan!! What the hell was that?? LMAO!) had sex with Gina.

I think Stefano couldn't use real Gina because she was really really old. How did real Gina de-age to look like Hope? I forget.

True! LOL But it's gotta at least be possible and to make some sense even if it's a stretch. John being a fake priest made ZERO sense. That means during The Possession, the devil was fooled and thought John was a Priest? And wouldn't Stefano have been like, "Hey a minute, John can't to the exorcism! He's not a real Priest!" LOL

Okay, someone post more Princess Gina freeze frames or special effects because we're getting off topic. :)

• Members

that was me and yikes! The blond pieces they had mixed in with her hair were awful...lol. I did like when the real Gina was posing as Hope and she cut her hair. That style was good

They didnt explain it...lol. One week, Gina was old and haggard and the next, she was 20 years younger and beautiful. I guess they finally being out of that tower got her to freshen up...lol. That was one of the many things that made no sense but I didnt care

• Members

It would take time and money to put those endings together, and they were so minor I'm sure the show figured it wasn't worth keeping when they could just end the scene by fading out.

They were doing those endings for five years, and during periods of time where a lot of more important things could've been complained about :P Despite them not being too popular on this board, I doubt there was an outcry to have them removed.

• Members

The effects themselves wouldn't have cost the show money. But someone was on company time brainstorming, creating, and implementing them for almost every episode which I'm sure wasn't free for the show.

Archived