DAYS: Actor Rehired

• Members

I agree that it's random, which is why it was foolish of them to dump Louise & Bren so quickly without looking into their characters and seeing if this is a storyline they could take somewhere.

Now they have a new Nicholas cast, who could be a villain for the younger set like he was when he was a kid (I still :lol: :lol: :lol: EVERY time I think of the little brat putting sugar in Caroline's Famous Brady Chowder).

Seems to me this is a total missed and botched opportunity, like I stated above. The formula is real simple- take one uber-villainess with ties to half the canvas new and old (Vivian), add a handsome son as co-conspirator (Quinn), and a pinch of her grandson (and son of her longtime nemesis) whom she was once obsessed with, and stir....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I stand corrected.

But you disagree with what Chloe turned into wasn't at all what the original character was? REALLY? Chloe from 1999 and HookerChloe from 2011 are exactly the same character? It's not even a believable transformation from point A to point B- the person I watched and found to be the only layered, interesting character in the younger set would NEVER do the horrible things that Chloe has done for the past few years. That Chloe had strength, conviction, and backbone and would never let one man think her child was their's when she knew it was someone else's entirely.

Were you even watching in 1999/2000 when Chloe was introduced? :blink:

• Members

I was watching when she was introduced and I agree that she's changed, a LOT, but for me the drastic change wasn't until she returned in 2007 and the show put her with Lucas. I loved her in her earlier days, especially with Philip and I didn't mind her & Brady's romance. Chloe was always one of my fave characters, and still is, but ever since she's been back the way she's been written hasn't fully ever sat well with me. Rock bottom was reached when she cheated on Lucas with Daniel...I was mainly disagreeing with you saying she's "not much of an Actress". IMO she has improved leaps and bounds in the last 2 years, I feel she did some of her best work in 2010 even though I hated the writing. I think she's a really good Actress.

• Members

Chloe is an awful character that is altered to fit the plot more than anyone else on days. What makes chloe chloe? Nothing. And Nadia is very weak in the acting department, however she does have something enduring about her and is stunning so that has gotten her this far.

I do think the show lwtting her go, and everyone else they have, actually makes since. bringing this dude back/saving him does not aside from the fact that days is usually female heavy in his age range.

i do hope that them letting nadia goes means no belle/shawn return.

• Members

I honestly will too, as it did wonders for each character.

To be honest im glad she did. Their rival was stupid and plotty to begin with, and years ago. Making them both worked wonders on both as they each needed a friend, someone to lean on, turn to, and talk to. The way they became friends really worked, because the mutual hatred of one woman can definatly bond to women. I am sad the show has veered away from it. Nicole is in desperate need of a friend. As is Sami, and when they became friends it really worked as well.

I loved the friendships Dena made, im just sad none of them stuck. They really should have invested in Sami/Stephanie as friends/family.

Im good with that.

I honestly do not get the love. Vivian is a cartoon, always has been and will be. Even the more laid back scenes this time around LS played them so far over the top.

Shes actually someone i wish the show had never brought back.

• Members

I might have thought the same two at first bc it was a big WTF to me when I saw them close last year but like Jack said, it works. I beleive past enemies can be friends especially when they dont have a long history and intense rivalry. I mean if the show had Kate and Vivian be BFFs, then I would roll my eyes, but Nicole and Chloe? I like it

• Members

Yes, which is why I don't see her staying even if they asked.

Me too- LOVE their friendship. Nicole showing up drunk to Chloe's baby shower and almost spilling the beans was classic soap.

Disagree. They didn't have that much history to begin with. Their "rivalry" was solely based on Nicole trying to bed UglyBrady back in the day. Both characters had long moved past Brady by the time Chloe returned, so I'm good with them being friends.

I can see where you'd say that but Louise is a SUPERB actress who plays the hell out of whatever the DAYS writers throw her way. The first half of her return revisited the Vivian of old and it could have been amazing. It wasn't until the played for laughs "Buried Alive" retread that was the Sarcophogas storyline that she started getting cartoony again. Frankly, I rather enjoyed that and Vivian plotting her "revenge" afterwards.

HOWEVER, Vivian has NOT always been a cartoon. She was a cold, calculated, diabolical woman from 1992-1994 and Louise played the hell out of it. She was sheer genius during the original "Buried Alive" storyline and should have gotten the Emmy for it. Her rivalry with Kate could have been SO MUCH better had JERk not decided to suddenly make Vivian comic relief.

Archived