The Get Rid of Rachel Melvin Thread

Shawn

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so torn on this topic. It's hard to explain how I feel. I feel sorry for Rachel, and I don't think she's that bad. However, I don't think she's that good either. I do think for being new, and for having the material she's given, she's pretty good. (Yes, I know that just contradicted my last statement). However, she doesn't make me really feel anything.

I loved Mandy Musgrave in the short time that she was on the show. I thought she was just a superb young actress. Everything about her performances just seemed so natural. So I also think I might like Rachel better if Mandy hadn't had the role first. I always find myself saying, "I wish I could have seen that with Mandy in the role" or "That would have been so much better if Mandy was playing Chelsea." Etc. etc.

Oh, and on a more superficial level (not relating to acting), I just think that Rachel looks so much like Kristian Alfonso. (Definitely more than Julie Pinson). Rachel should have been cast as Hope's daughter - not Billie's.

• Members

And therein lies the problem. Bravo- I couldn't agree more with you. Mandy Musgrave was the perfect "little Billie" which is basically what the character's intention was to be. That, in fact, is what immediately clued me into the fact that Chelsea was Georgia. Yes, this is Days & it probably would have been made obvious anyway, but the actress was just such a perfect fit in the role that I actually thought the story might work. Then they re-cast with Faux Francais Giorgia, who sucked in her five-day role (and we all watched her suck). I immediately just :rolleyes::o:rolleyes: because it was so illustrative of the 'funk' that Days had gotten into. Did Musgrave's series that she left for get off the ground? Because if it didn't, Corday & Co should be begging her to come back, especially if they want this arc of the story to have some weight to it.

• Members

:lol: I agree so much! Not to mention Billie had her in like 1999, she'd be like 6 now! At least they could've made it believable.

I hate Chelsea, the actress I don't mind but she's not good enough or entertaining enough to stay like Nicole did. KILL HER!

Archived