80's cartoon JEM is finally on TV again!

BKuzak

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kimber is kinda like Glimmer on She-Ra. :lol: I'm sitting here remembering how so many cartoons used to come on FOX and what is now MyNetwork when I was little and they did such a good job of making it fair and balanced for boys and girls. As kids we sure as hell weren't gonna watch the news so we watched it all. She-Ra is particularly great at appealing to boys too, something I really notice now as an adult. He-Man is very often tied in and the She-Ra toys were SO girly compared to the kickass nature of the cartoon.

• Members

Wow! I never even heard of Qubo. I just followed the link but Comcast doesn't offer the channel. I'm really bummed. I still won't forgive The Cartoon Network for cancelling Thunder Cats. I was actually a part of a campaign to have it reinstated but to no avail. They just don't make cartoons like they use to.

Popeye; Bravestarr; Defenders of the Earth; Dennis the Menace; Ducktales; He-Man; Karate Kat; Lady Lovely Locks; Laser tag Academy, Pink Panther; Smurfs... I could stay here forever. At least Boomerang still air episodes of The Smurfs, albeit limited. There's still an audience for 80's cartoons. If execs were smart they would dedicate a line up for it. I hate the current revamped asian animation they have on some of these classics. They suck donkey balls.

• Members

Speaking of cartoons ending badly; Up to this day I'm still outraged over the way the original X Men on Fox ended. The show was just so fantastic ans superb! There were two alternate reality episodes that made Wolverine and Storm a couple. I was hooked! ARGH!!! Every time I think of X Men Evolution I shudder. Pure bullshit.

• Members

lol dragonflies, I have another window open right now and I'm going through the list of all the 80's cartoons I was fond of (Fraggle Rock, Felix The Cat, Raggedy Ann and Andy, Strawberry Short Cake, Voltron...) Now I'm getting pretty nostalgic myself. I'll give my right arm if they brought back even a few of these great classics.

• Members

df, I was talking about the originals for sure. There's no way I want them to re-create them with some revamped, or worse, computerized animation like Transformers Prime *shudders* If Boomerang, Hub, and the like were smart they would bring back the originals with a block line up.

I'm watching Jem now. "Like a dream" music video just played. Such awesomeness!!!

Archived