Would u Watch A New AMC Or OLTL

• Members

I Remember Jim Romanovich Talking about when he went To Talk about Picking up GL and P&G would sell But It wouldnt have any of the vets and just focuses on the younger generation. Jim and P&G parted ways

Now if OLTL and AMC are Picked Up would u watch If The Budget was slashed so much that we lost the core characters and had to watch a bunch of newbies will less than expensive characters from the abc run

Is it worth having AMC & OLTL Continue If The shows are not recognizable anymore?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to me it isn't worth it. See, that's what would probably happen, the shows would be gutted beyond recognition. And, wouldn't

have on what we would want to see anyway. Anyone who would pick them up (which they won't) would have carte blanche to do exactly

with them what they please. They could fire favorite characters, run stories that are just as horrible as what we sometimes have

now, etc. So, no, it isn't worth it. But, we don't have to worry about it anyway, because it ain't gonna happen.

• Members

I Remember Jay Saying Thats What P&G Was Offering With GL. A 30 Min Show with Hardly Any Of The Cast Involved. No Thanks.

We have To Think about that Here. What if It does Move and a lot of the actors dont sign on. Just because u call it AMC & OLTL Doesnt Mean It Is

• Members

I honestly think this is a good idea with the right people involved and that isn't Romanivich or anyone tied to the current soaps otherwise it would be SSDD with just a bunch of crappy stories and newbies shoved on screen.

But a "Return to Pine Valley" with a few core characters intermixed with a few new ones focusing on stories about them isn't a bad idea. But it wouldn't be AMC nor should it be. I guess if you are only interested in saving the show as it is than its not something appealing. If you are interested in next generation soaps and this possibly being something to jumpstart it its not a bad idea.

• Members

No. I would, however, accept a spinoff. For example, One Life to Live is given a fitting finale that wraps up everything nicely and then a spinoff starring...let's say Starr and the younger crew starts up, I could get behind that.

• Members

That was My Idea For The new Soap model

Have someone with Capital buy all the rights To EVERY Soap Character On All Canned Daytime Soaps

Then Produce The soaps as a five night a week Anthology series called, "New Beginnings"

Each year would have 4 arcs consisting of 13 weeks each

An Example of the first year

1)Erica Kane Is Left a perfume company in the will of Nick Davis. But Finds Out She has another partner, Nick's Lover Lucy Coe (GH, PC)

2) SB's Cruz Runs Into His Thought Dead Wife Eden who has amnesia. He Then tries to get her to remember the love they shared and the family they have

3) Rachel Cory Retires and It Starts a Bidding War For Cory Publishing (AW)

4)Delia & Roger Coleridge Deal with Inherniting Delia's brother, Bob's Lotto Winnings (RH)

• Members

See I think there is a false assumption that people who follow soaps would follow these characters and actors to another venue.

I don't know the more I think about it maybe Marceline is right. I think people like characters in the venue that they are in. I

am trying to think of one soap character or family that could make the transition. How many people would honestly follow Erica

Kane away from Pine Valley. And Susan Lucci and maybe Allison Sweeney are really the only 2 the mainstream audience might know and I

am not sure either one has the drawning power to front a brand new show.

And if the objective is just trying to draw the already aging and dwindling audience whats the point.

• Members

There have been campaigns to resurrect Port Charles. Well, I knew that wouldn't work. But, in order to resurrect Port Charles,

I feel there has to be about the same characters that were on the show. And, to have that happen would have been such a long shot

because the actors have moved on. For example, I couldn't see anyone else playing Caleb but Michael Easton and Olivia, Kelly

Monaco. But, any revival, I think would be such a shade of its formal self. Of course ABC wasn't going to do it. And, certainly

there would be no interest from anyone else to do it. And, I'm not sure I would have wanted a revival if it wouldn't have stuck

to the original and had to re-vamp it almost entirely. In fact, I know I wouldn't have wanted a revival if there was too much

that had to change.

• Members

I hear it but none of those characters have large enough fanbases to support a show. And even with that, not everyone who loved

those characters would be interested in watching them outside of their element. I think its incredibly hard to build something based

entirely on nostalgia. We aren't talking about actors or characters with mainstream appeal for the most part

Why would they revive a show that was cancelled to begin with?

Archived