ABC SID Cover - 05/30 - 06/13

• Members

The current canvas has a lot of people who are worthless - since the show is ending I don't think enhancing current story matters. Anyone they bring back wouldn't be Devon Shepherd or Margo Flax or someone like that, I'm sure they would have some strong ties to the characters who are actually worthwhile, like Erica, or the Martins, or whoever.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and they have alot of characters who are not worthless; focus on that. A good start has been the return of Dixie as she ties directly into Tad and JR. Ditto on Zach. While I didnt like him, he's part of a current storyline with Kendall which was left open ended. I dont need them to start bringing back random people that dont tie in with the characters. Unless its like a big party/wedding where people can just drop by and leave, then theres no need to go for a bunch of irrelevant characters when they can work on strenghening and working with what they have and bringing back only those who might enhance and tie back to the current cast.

• Members

They've spent years trying to strengthen most of the people currently on the canvas. I think now that the show is done it would be nice to just say goodbye to people. A lot of past characters would be more relevant to me than someone like Madison or Ryan or Greenlee.

I guess I am just weary because I heard all about how ATWT couldn't bring people back because they had to focus on current story, and most of that story ended up being horse crap that enhanced no one.

• Members

They have? The past several years has seen the dismantle of many familes and removal of vets and key characters. You only seem to be focusing on Ryan and Greenlee (and now Madison) but ther are alot of other characters on the show with rich history. Erica, Jack, Kendall, Angie, Jesse, JR, Tad, Jake, Bianca, Opal...etc. There are plenty of characters connected to them that they can focus on bringing back

I didnt watch ATWT so whatever they did is irrelevant to me. ATWT had key fundamental problems anyway, most of which lied in the piss poor writer which Ive read many hear complain about. Luckily AMC will be getting 2 of its best writers to help take it out, so I wouldnt have quite the same fears

• Members

The past several years have been an exercise in highlighting their pets and trying whatever they can to make this work. To me it hasn't really been worth the effort, and focusing more on integrating past characters might have been a better move.

That's why I mentioned that most of the characters who should come back would probably have ties to Erica or the Martins.

I just don't think it should be about what moves current story. I think it should be a celebration of the show's past and history.

• Members

I guess it becomes about what decides relevancy. I thought you meant only people who have ties to today's AMC. For me it can be someone who was close to Erica or the Martins quite a while ago. I'd like to see Mark and Ellen again, yet I have a feeling if they did come back someone would say there is no reason.

• Members

well it all started with Maria and me saying she isnt really relevant to anyone currently on the canvas. Her biggest tie is probably as former Erica rival. Well we have plenty of others that fit that role from Erica's past. Brooke for one who is her most notable rival and I can see likely to return anyway. Mark and Ellen would be relevant to tie into Erica as they could have enhanced any number of storylines surrounding her and still can. Erica having her brother at her wedding would make sense. Erica wanting to see her brother again after being kidnapped and possibly dying would make sense.

• Members

There has to be some way that Kate Collins can return. Either as Janet From Another Planet, or somehow as Natalie (Janet would make more sense), but AMC's send off won't be complete without her.

• Members

I think if Hayley is coming back for her father/Chandlers, then Mateo and Maria could 100% tag along. Aren't they all out in California? Who knows, maybe after all the Santos family deaths lately, they decided to be close as a family off-screen and live together? Thus, bringing them all back together. But you're right, she'll just be there, with no one to really do much with, unless she just decided to but into Erica's business. Or Brooke's, if she comes back with Adam. Or heaven forbid, Zach's, since we know they used to have history.

• Members
thats the thing. Maria hinges on people that arent on the show anymore and thats assuming these people come back. On her own, there isnt much in terms of past ties left in PV for her. Zach is the only confirmed character from her past thats coming back and I dont think they would bring her back to reestablish that tie. The Zendall fans would eat her alive the minute their name is mentioned in the same spoilers...lol. Coming back with Hayley and Mateo sounds good, depending on why they return.

Archived