American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt bad for Heather and David. I know David wasn't fit for this competition but he was really nice. Heather was so cute she seemed very honest and innocent (Kellie Pickler seems to be phoning it in now). But she was not good. It sucks, they are at this point where you like all of them. So glad for Brenna. She has been so wrong and it was finally a slap in the face!!

• Members

Um.. yes, she was a little insensitive.. but had that come out of Simon's mouth nobody would have said a word. The fact is he said it and she repeated it. Who cares? How is Paula supposed to put up with that? If she hadn't repeated what he said, she would have been laughing to herself because of it then it would have looked even worse. I'm glad she was having fun; she always says that Wednesdays are the hardest night for her. It doesn't matter what comes out of Paula's mouth, she can never win. She's always either 'on drugs' or 'drunk'. Whatever.

• Members

My David is gone :( I wasn't really expecting that, I thought he was much better than John Stevens from season 3 and he was there until like the top 6. I guess I'm going to have to focus all my attention on Chris and Ace now.

Call me crazy but I sorta liked Brenna, just because she is a !@#$%^&*] and not afraid to admit it, she doesn't hide it, I thought she was funny. Definatly not one of the best singers though.

It would of made me smile if Kellie Pickler went home this week, I don't like her, and I can't even figure out why. I think its the way Idol seems to pimp their favorites, and of course the niave country girl is one of them.

And Paula, Paula, Paula...she is sooo gone. I had hopes for her, she seemed somewhat normal since this season started but tonight, my God. As funny as it was to see her all goofy again...baaad timing, just a tad bit insensitive. She is such a druken fool but I absolutely love her, she just makes my night with her ridiculous behavior.

• Members

I'm not surprised at all by the choices.

Glad Melissa and Kinnik stayed though! They didn't deserve the boot over Brenna or Heather. I liked Brenna too. Not as a singer, though, lol, she sucked.

I think Melissa and Kinnik are out next, though. Unfortunately. Lisa, Katharine, Paris, Mandisa and Kellie just have big fanbases built up. Kinnik and Melissa don't.

For the guys, it was anyone's guess, but Gedeon and Bucky saved themselves this week because they did really well Wednesday. I was sad to see David go. He really wasn't all that good but he was so endearing. I also knew when Sway and Kevin were left that Sway was gone. He sang better tonight but Kevin just has a bigger fanbase cause he's being pimped. He's this years Scott Savol, I guarantee you. I was a little surprised Will stayed over Kevin, so maybe he doesn't have as big a fanbase as I thought, but I think he sucked this week so that could be why.

Loved seeing Carrie. She was HOT TONIGHT, as Randy likes to say.

• Members

Not only is the show pimping Kevin, he's pimping himself... :rolleyes:

I'm a big Sway fan even before Idol, and I've been so disappointed in the way he's performed. He is such a better singer than he's been and its sad to see him not sing 100% :(

Anyway... I don't like pimping... *cough* Ace *cough* I do, however, like Will and Ayla and Melissa. I hope they can do well on their own merits. And Katherine to a lesser extent. Everyone else can go pimp themselves :rolleyes:

ETA: I just saw Paula's pizza/salad comment... WTF was that? Kudos to Ryan for putting them in their place, kinda

• Members

Can someone type out the comment that Paula made that was so controversial? I mean, I SAW the show but it was just an old proverb she repeated from Simon, right? And I didn't even get it then. Could someone please explain why it was so offensive? Thanks.

Also, my heart broke for Sway's mom (I guess that was her) in the audience. She was so heartbroken for her son and you could see it on her face. What a good mother. I just hope she knows this isn't the end of the world, and that it's pretty freaking amazing to say you've gone to Hollywood on "American Idol," and were seen by THIRTY MILLION VIEWERS every night during your time in the spotlight. I hope she'll be okay. :(

Anyway, I felt for Heather. She was just a sweet soul. I don't know that she sang her best or that she deserved, shall we say, to make it to the next round, but she just was a sweet kid.

gotta add something...Brenna. Brenna, Brenna, Brenna...wow. Is there anything to say? She just needs to take it down a notch. Or twelve.

• Members

America got it right. Heather needed to go on the first episode. Not surprised about Brenna bc her personality was a turn off. David's style is just horrible for this competition. Im surprised Sway got off bc there are others I wanted to see before him but dont worry, they will get their time

• Members

Re: Paula's behavior last night. I found this from Reality TV Magazine.

During much of the elimination show, Paula Abdul laughed, made jokes, and played around with Simon Cowell. Many viewers felt these actions showed a lack of concern for the contestants who were facing the very serious reality of being eliminated from the show. This type of behavior is especially uncharacteristic for Paula, who usually shows more concern for the contestants than the other judges.

When Kinnik Sky and Heather Cox stood on stage awaiting word on if they were going to be eliminated, Paula responded to Ryan’s question of why those two were there by saying “Simon says because one of them ate pizza and the other one ate salad.” When Kevin Covais and Sway Penala also stood on stage facing elimination, Paula said “Simon gave me advice and he said on the X-factor that he always refers to a fortune cookie and says the moth who finds the melon..” Then after Randy corrects her, Paula continues “no finds the cornflake, always finds the melon, and one of you didn’t get the right fortune cookie.”

Archived