NBC Fall 2011 Schedule

Toups

• Members

Is it going to be Tuesday, like in the 90s? Cause ABC's rumored to be thinking about a second comedy night on Tuesday as well & that's where the FOX comedies are. Three networks with comedies on Tuesdays...someone's going to have to cave. Perhaps NBC should launch it's second comedy night on Monday & go after CBS, since CBS is going after them on Thursday.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think it should be Monday and go after CBS's comedies - they've been really struggling without 2.5 Men and even though 2.5 Men will be back in September, we don't know for sure what the ratings will be like (after the 1st episode which will be big).

But when The Voice returns next season in January (I'm guessing) and NBC will put that on Monday/Tuesday - then put two comedies at 9/9:30. Or they're going to put Smash after The Voice which makes sense.

• Members

Yup exactly what I was thinking, NBC should take advantage of the Two & a Half Men situation since we don't know how well it's going to do in the long run with Ashton Kutcher (just like CBS should move TBBT to 9pm on Thursday to take advantage of a Steve Carell-less Office).

• Members

He tends to ruin his shows even when he only has one - the last few years of Boston Legal, for instance.

I wish Wonder Woman could have come back with a better casting choice, better costume, better...everything. I don't buy EW's claim that the public only wants serious superheroes. There's always room for diversity. The problem was with how badly the whole thing was done. Besides, being uber-serious did nothing to make Bionic Woman less godawful.

• Members

NBC barely has ratings for the night of comedy that they have already LOL I think NBC should use Monday to show case for original made for tv movies. Back in the 90's, NBC usually beat CBS monday night comedy or came close most times... and their spin was showing tv-movies featuring current young performers, etc. Perhaps they should try that again... see if it'll work!

• Administrator

My analysis:

Surprised to see The Sing Off make a fall debut - there's been no buzz about this move at all. But I see what Bob Greenblatt is doing with establishing a music-reality night, for when The Voice returns midseason, and going after DWTS. I'm looking forward to TPC but it will have a tough time against Hawaii 5-0 and Castle. I thought NBC might return Harry's Law at 10pm because it did pretty okay against H50/Castle.

Disappointed Parenthood is still at 10pm. The show is so good and should be an 8pm or 9pm show.

I hope Up All Night and Free Agents do well but it will probably get destroyed by X-Factor and Survivor. What will be interesting is how they go up against ABC's comedy lineup.

No 30 Rock here because of Tina Fey's pregnancy. I thought for sure Parks would've stayed at 9:30 but I like that it's sandwiched between Community and The Office. NBC must have high hope for Whitney to put it on after The Office. Though it looks out of place because it's a multi-cam/laugh track show. I thought NBC would pair up Whitney and Chelsea. The 10pm drama is back! I think Prime Suspect should do okay against Private Practice (if ABC keeps it their).

No surprise that NBC put Chuck on Fridays for its final 13 episodes. Though Grimm is probably DOA because Chuck is not a very good lead in. Also Grimm has sci-fi elements and it goes up against two other shows with sci-fi elements in Supernatural and Fringe.

As predicted by many, The Voice and Smash are together. This should be a good night for NBC.

• Members

Monday's, that should be an improvement over their current lineup, probably won't threat the other networks, but will be good for NBC. Midseason with Voice/Smash, that can make a big splash.

Tuesday's, I would have moved Parenthood someplace else & put something new here.

Wednesday's ABC's 8pm comdies don't even do all that well, these ones are going to get creamed. Harry's Law is going to get creamed by it's competition as well.

Thursday's keeping Community as the anchor I think is a mistake. They need something that can draw more than 3-4 million viewers to start off the night. Putting Whitney after the Office seems smart, but I might have paired Whitney and Chelsea's show up & had an hour of multi-cams instead.

Friday's Chuck needed to be canceled long ago, so Friday death slot seems appropriate for the final season of this show. Grimm, show sounds interesting to me, and I already thought it would have a tough time finding an auidience, but with this timeslot & lead in, it's dead on arrival for sure.

• Members

there are positives with both single camera and multi-camera set-ups.... I don't watch Thursday night comedies on NBC but not because of what camera they use... I just don't think the shows are funny. Which is sad considering NBC used to be the place to go for comedies and they were much more then niche oriented. I think whoever made the schedule up for NBC should be fired... though CBS seems to have done well with friday night.. the key is putting on shows that people will watch! Chuck seems to aim at younger people (who are out on a friday).. and Grimm seems to be a twist on the procedural so if people stuck home on Friday hate procedurals, they might sample it. Though I hope NBC promotes the hell out of it saying it's a procedural with a twist!

• Members

These days, multi-cam shows don't use a laugh track, that's all audience laughter (and there is difference between the two), I think it was irritaing cause none of the jokes were funny, IMO.

Of the dramas, Only Playboy caught my attention and the comedies, only the Chelsea one seemed potentially funny.

Archived