OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I felt that all of the actresses portraying Dorian brought a unique slant to the character. None of them were bad. The level of interest one had was rooted in how one enjoyed the part being played. It is fairly remarkable that such a major role was recast so many times and each successfully.

• Members

The audio links are incredible. Thank you so, so, so much. I was someone who always wanted to see more of this mysterious, misty past honored - the Woleks, Carla and her family, Tony Lord. I gave up on it when the show was cancelled and left the air, but now, with it off ABC and away from the same institutions, who knows? I do hope someone like Susie Horgan comes in with a longer background in OLTL (or she comes back) to possibly help contribute to that. But I also know Racina is very old school, and a longtime fan.

I'm also shamelessly going to lift that 1968 cast photo from the WLS link. I'd love to find a way to make a new banner out of it with the old photo at the top and the PP one at the bottom.

BTW, is it definite these episodes are from January 1978? Wiki is claiming Brian died in late April, but it's often wrong.

Edited by Vee

• Members

In the wikipedia, there are a lot of mistakes....most of them come from the Llanview labyrinth page....it is a wonderful page with tons of great information, but there are some date mistakes.....one of them is Brian's death date (this death happened in January 1978...)or Meredith's death date....( it was in July 1973, not in August....). And that cast photo from WLS is from 1969.

• Members

I was surprised to read that Pamela Long was a head-writer briefly on OLTL. I understand that it must not have worked out since she was only there for like six to nine months. Just curious over what she created/did during her brief stint on the show.

Plus, I read up on a character called Samantha Vernon and was quite surprised that she was on the show for several years before being killed off. I always assumed she came on right before she became Asa's bride, but had no idea that she had been on for years before and a few years after.

Shame that they killed her off right before Tina came back on the show since it appears that the two were friends/enemies during Tina's first stint on the show. Did old time viewers like Samantha #1 or Samantha #2 better? Just by looks alone, Samantha #1 looked more like a girl next door while Samantha #2 looked more grown-up/bitchy.

I wonder why they didn't just have her leave town.. to come back at a later date.

• Members

Was that where Todd held hostage all the suspects in a cabin or house? Then Nora's daughter confessed to the crime? It was interesting in a weird sort of way.

Ah, so Long is responsible for the Rappaport's invasion... though I loved Lindsay especially in her first several months where she didn't seem quite as obsessed with hurting Nora. Didn't she and Clint elope? I remember her and Nora having a conversation about that while Nora reminded LIndsay that she wasn't Vicki.. and Lindsay replied "exactly, that's why I'm married to Clint and she isn't".

I do recall that their marriage quickly ended, Clint left town.. and she started obsessing over Bo/Nora in full force. Was that when Pam Long exited?