OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

God, how I loved more in the summer of 2003 than I thought I did. Cris/Natalie, Troy/Lindsay, and of course, Max/Gabby (STILL bitter 10 years later over how THAT turned out--sigh. COME BACK, you two!). Seeing those women here (along with Dorian and Blair) makes me so happy. smile.png

Yes, Troy kissed Gabrielle, and later when she rejected him, he locked her in the morgue when he started to REALLY lose it. I always loved her waking up in her apartment with Bo to see Max watching out for her smile.png .

Oh, and Marcie when she was still adorable and cute with Al! wub.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is that your Least (Kirk) to best (Kevin S.)

For me, besides Dan and Kevin S., I would perfer Joey Thrower. I know i'm going back and he was just a teen but i think did good things in the role and it would be kind of neat to see him come back and play Kevin again. Just like Jacob Young came back to play B&B's Rick Forrester.

• Members

You want to talk whinny, what about Natalie. At least Joey had an excuse, he was playing Kevin as a young lovesick teenager. Natalie was in her 30's and always whinning about something...usually her endless obsession with John.

Well if this thing does become a sucess, i do hope they remember that Viki does have two grown sons who could easily come back to Llanview to be around for her so she doesn't have to lean on Natalie and Jessica who can both be self-centered often. I always hoped Kevin could come back and be Managing Editor of the Banner and they could do more love stories in the city room of him falling for an ace reporter and chasing down stories. Maybe with Viki as publisher, they could have her be more at The Banner too.

• Members

Thanks CarlD. it's always nice to see old photo's/articles that are from the distant past. Looks like Erika had either just started or was about to make her debute. I know Erika started on the show on St. Patrick's day March 17th (we used to celebrate every year.) But in Llanview time, i don't know how far along they were in the stories. She could have started in september/october i guess. In the caption of her with Bernie, it said, "Erika, who is making her daytime serial debute on OLTL"

Does anyone know when she actually started? I beleive they are at least a month in advance now so if it was March, she wouldn't have started until mid-April. but it could have been faster or slower back then.

• Members

David Snell played Jack Lawson, a former college football star who wooed Julie Siegel into setting up housekeeping with him, much to Dave and Eileen's chagrin. Jack wanted easy sex instead of the marriage Julie proposed. Jack, who worked as a reporter for The Banner, two-timed Julie, and after they broke up, he made a play for Cathy Craig, Julie's friend. The guilt and betrayal Julie suffered from the relationship with Jack led to serious problems in her marriage to Mark Toland, which later affected most of the cast when Toland was murdered. David Snell left One Life and was replaced for a short time by Jack Ryland before the character vanished off the canvas in 1973.

Thank you for the article. I love behind the scenes articles with accompanying photos featuring forgotten sets such as Julie and Jack's funky 70s flat and Dave Siegel's office.

• Members

It was much faster. In those days episodes generally aired within a week or two of taping. The CBS house soaps were the fastest, with only two or three days between taping and air. Based on scripts I have from the era, ABC soaps usually had five to ten episodes between tape and air. Keep in mind this is a generalization. At times there were situations which temporarily affected schedules. For example, the 1973 Watergate hearings preempted soaps so often that many were taping over a month ahead of schedule. In the 60s, various strikes reduced the lead time to only one day, and some taped soaps were close to going live.

I read that Erika's first broadcast show was March 26, 1971, though this is not verified. Please do not post it on wikipedia or IMDB. However, regardless of the exact date, it is likely she was airing before April 1st.

• Members

Does anyone have any information that could be shared about Sharon Laughlin, the FIRST actress to be cast as Victoria Lord?

She was hired but quickly replaced (before the debut of the show) by Gillian Spencer.

There were some still photographs of her and Lee Patterson that were released to the press and were on the show's promos that aired, but she was never seen on the show.

• Members

Thank you for sharing her name. I knew such an actress existed because Ellen Holly writes about her in her autobiography, but she mistakenly refers to her as Trish Van Devere (who was of course Meredith).

Here's Laughlin's IMDb page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0490869/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Here's a picture of her from the '60s:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SHARON-LAUGHLIN-1960s-Actress-The-Happy-Hooker-Autograph-/00/s/NDMyWDc0MQ==/$%28KGrHqVHJBME8e9qo2gLBPP%29Pjoml!~~60_3.JPG

A more recent pic:

sLaughlin-250.jpg

There are various theatre reviews of her online. She has third billing in this film so she must have a pretty considerable part:

10984627_det.jpg

Edited by SFK