OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bo and Sarah were OK. I was never a big Jensen Buchanan fan. When she joined OLTL she was very green. And given that she shared most of her scenes with Erika Slezak and Clint Richie, it showed. She did get better as time went on, but I always found her a little on the "cold" side as a performer. I know she became very popular later on Another World, but I didn't see much of her on that show.

OLTL did have Melinda flirt with Bo; or maybe that's how Sharon chose to play it. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with how the show wasted Sharon Gabet. Talk about a missed opportunity! Her Melinda started out as a schemer, but later became wallpaper. At the time, though, OLTL was blessed with many popular leading ladies - Slezak, Buchanan, Fiona Hutchison, Jessica Tuck and Andrea Evans. I guess there was just no room for Melinda.

• Members

You're welcome. :) Fiona was awesome on OLTL, especially the first time around. I think I fell in love with her and her character when she tried to smother her husband, Steve Holden, in the hospital while he was in a coma. wub.png

• Members

WoST Brian interviewed Sharon which was a great listen. She said it was a little disappointing that she didn't get to work with Robin as her sister because that could have been real dynamite. I was surprised to read that Melinda wasn't really a Dorian place holder though, she wasn't as troubled and vixenish as previous incarnations of Melinda.

Edited by SFK

• Members

I've wondered if people commented on the resemblance between Robin and Elaine before Elaine was cast. I like Elaine's Dorian and I'm glad that she had a chance at the part, but maybe casting her as Melinda in the first place would have been a better idea? I don't know, there's no way to predict these things. Dorian is obviously the stronger choice for a character on the canvas, but when Robin eventually returned, that could have been an interesting dynamic (and Elaine wouldn't have had to be fired). I'm thinking more in tune with what I've read and what I picture of Jane Badler's Melinda with Elaine in the role.

• Members

of they could have done a Todd/Victor type thing. This storyline would have worked much better because these two actually look alike and Elaine could have easily played "twin" Dorian with a "fixed face." Robin being the real Dorian and Elaine being the long lost "twin" sister. and they wouldn't have to change the character much because she could still be whicked and continue her relatinoship with Jason while Dorian comes back and is the dress up DIVA who'll go after Joey. and they can both go after Viki.