AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just got back from Goodnight Pine Valley event. I don't want to start a whole new thread for it. I wasn't going to go due to some personal issues over the last week but then I decided to go last minute.

It was extremely crowded. Alicia, Ricky, Christina, Tommy Michaels, Ben Jorgensen (msp) and the kid who plays Miranda were there.

Ricky was late but very nice, he brought his wife and his baby. Alicia was also very nice and also very, very mobbed the entire event. Timothy looks hot. I was expecting the baby face and not hot. I don't know why AMC didn't bring him back for a scene or two with Amanda.

The event didn't get around to everything like a Q&A and the cake (sigh, missed desserts) because it was extremely crowded (the actors were trying to mingle with everybody) and Prohibition had to open for regular business. The raffle and charity auction all had to be rushed.

• Members

I'm so upset that we'll never get another Christmas episode, even though most of the very recent Xmas extravaganzas have left much to be desired. I just mentioned this in the Lucci marathon thread, but as polarizing as the baby switch (and all of 2004) was, I remember everyone posting here at the time being touched by the spirit thanks to this montage:

• Members

I haven't seen this in 15 years. At least it answers my questions of, "Would I still find Maria/Edmund annoying and boring and exhausting in the MYBABY era?" and "Is Brian Gaskill as shockingly bad as I remember him being?"

And as a bonus, you get Lauren Roman Laura doing pretty much what she did all the time after Brooke adopted her - berating people.

On the plus side, there's Nina, and Palmer, and it was nice to see the first, non-"hunkified" Scott.

I guess, like with Karen Gorney, they had to age Taylor Miller (especially since Bobby looked 30), but I thought Taylor looked younger in her 2010 appearances than she does here. Odd.

It's nice to see Gloria again. I'd forgotten how close she and Dimitri were even before he started going after her. I actually liked Gloria/Dimitri together, although it was sad to see what Dimitri was becoming by then (if McTavish hadn't returned I'm pretty sure DImitri was going to be killed off).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Yeah AMC fans should know they have a number of 94-96 videos.

The weird thing about that hair (well, aside from the hair) is Arlene Dahl wore her hair like that in her astrology column for SOD around this time. I wonder if it was a homage. And then Hunter Tylo did it again years later.

• Members

Last few minutes of Christmas 1981.

How long was Ellen's father Harlan on the show? I assume he was always a recurring character. He's a guest at Erica and Tom's wedding, where it looks like the show might have thought about pairing him with Myrtle.

Also, I never knew Audrey Peters was on AMC! I wonder if she and Tudi ever shared a scene since this was just a year after Love of Life ended.

Edited by All My Shadows