AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, although I have to say I'm kinda glad we're getting a Martin episode this week--I've actually (largely) liked Tad and Jake (wow) under Broderick's current last few months. Actually I thought Tad was relatively well handled under K&S (Jake was just annoying though)--his interaction with Damon especially, even if they ruined that with the lack of Hillary. But I certainly know where you're coming from.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I think it's been mixed in recent years, but I meant more in the late 90's - well, Jake as soon as the awful Lowry fell out of that damn tree, and then Tad a few years later. It used to drive me away from the show for periods of time. That was also when the whole Adam Chandler evil father stuff started kicking up, which I thought was too obvious.

• Members

As far as Erica in New York...she was definitely living in the Chandler mansion by the fall of 1984, when Adam faked his death to see how she'd react but then was kidnapped by Billy Clyde. She probably still had her New York apartment, but IDK when/if she ever went back to living there full time.

Oddly enough, I watched an episode today where she and Mark threw a party at the NY apartment, and none of the guests were from Pine Valley. I'll bet you a hundred bucks they really mulled over whether or not they could spin Erica off into her own show then. So glad they didn't.

• Members

James Mitchell really was a dance legend, something that actually seems somehwat forgotten. Agnes DeMille (who infamously choreographed the groundbreaking Oklahoma ballet as well as the ballet for Bloomer Girl and other shows he was in) called him the best male dancer she had ever worked with--and actually tried to romance and marry him a number of times. I uploaded this to youtube, but they removed the music, cry

And some of the Dream ballet from OK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wMFXSFKRBU

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Yeah the early Chandler stuff was quite gothic (I wonder when Adam gave up on his love for Asian sculptures...). OK refresh my memory, who was Phillip Peter...

Agnes seemed to have a somewhat secret love of the gothic, it's never really mentioned when people talk about her work. And for Rebecca style sinister housekeepers--Helga, Joanna, Myra--who of course turned out to not be so sinister...

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Wonderful photos. They make Paint Your Wagon sound very dirty.

I love that cheesy photo of him in the Western. Couldn't get away with that now...

I didn't know he was in the Turning Point.

I'd never seen that Where the Heart Is photo before. Robyn Millan looks like an alien and Diana Walker seems terrified. Diana van der Vlis is like "What the hell is this?"

Too bad they didn't put a photo of him on the show - there's one with his siblings.